Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tonka Toys Rule!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....

Looking to get some diagnostics equipment other than a code reader. From what I can tell the Infinity-dx that Dp-Tuner is offering can do diagnostic testing much like the IDS system from Ford along with a plethora of PID monitoring.

I currently have the Edge Juiced w/Attitude (I know before you say it... IT CAME WITH THE TRUCK), and it just ain't cutting the mustard. I pretty much use it for gauges and DTC reader. I have the SCT x3 for tuning and running a hot canned tune (yaay!).

Anybody using the Infinity-dx on a 6.0 that would like to offer up their 2 centabos?

Or, if you have another diagnostic system and would like to post advantages or disadvantages, please feel free.

My main topics are: Variety and usefulness of tests that can be performed, overall usability, and of course bang for buck.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hey guys....

Looking to get some diagnostics equipment other than a code reader. From what I can tell the Infinity-dx that Dp-Tuner is offering can do diagnostic testing much like the IDS system from Ford along with a plethora of PID monitoring.

I currently have the Edge Juiced w/Attitude (I know before you say it... IT CAME WITH THE TRUCK), and it just ain't cutting the mustard. I pretty much use it for gauges and DTC reader. I have the SCT x3 for tuning and running a hot canned tune (yaay!).

Anybody using the Infinity-dx on a 6.0 that would like to offer up their 2 centabos?

Or, if you have another diagnostic system and would like to post advantages or disadvantages, please feel free.

My main topics are: Variety and usefulness of tests that can be performed, overall usability, and of course bang for buck.

Thanks,
You will be very happy with the Infinity if you choose to go that route. It is the most advanced monitoring and testing tool of it's kind. With the enhanced Ford license you can look at any PID that can possibly be seen on the Ford PCM.

I use mine for my 7.3L and for my father's 6.0L when he needs anything checked out.

The other features that may interest you would be that it can hold tunes, data-log, play media, etc.

You can also customize the gauge theme as well.

Let me know if you have anymore questions or need anymore help.

·
Tonka Toys Rule!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding Justin.

I was wondering how some of the testing looks, and if you have a list of the tests that can be performed. I'm already sold on the monitoring side, but am looking for custom tuning and not sure who produces custom tunes that are compatible with the Infinity-dx.

Any info you have to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
No problem, that is what I am here for.

Here are some pics for you...

This pic is of the menu screen.

Once you click on diagnostics you can get into this screen. This shows a list of the diagnostic tests that can be performed on your vehicle.

And here is a picture after I ran a KOEO test. If there were any faults found during the test it would display them here.

We also do custom tuning for the 6.0L... You can purchase this unit with or without tunes. If you would like someone else's tunes put onto this unit, then you would need to send us the tunes and have us put them on. We are the only people that have the software to encrypt the tunes to put onto our licensed products. There is a fee for this.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sounds and looks pretty cool. I like it. So if I want my tunes put on this unit, I'd email them to you? How many tunes can it hold? And do you have any specifics on the tunes you offer?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
No problem, that is what I am here for.

Here are some pics for you...

This pic is of the menu screen.

Once you click on diagnostics you can get into this screen. This shows a list of the diagnostic tests that can be performed on your vehicle.

And here is a picture after I ran a KOEO test. If there were any faults found during the test it would display them here.

We also do custom tuning for the 6.0L... You can purchase this unit with or without tunes. If you would like someone else's tunes put onto this unit, then you would need to send us the tunes and have us put them on. We are the only people that have the software to encrypt the tunes to put onto our licensed products. There is a fee for this.
Sounds and looks pretty cool. I like it. So if I want my tunes put on this unit, I'd email them to you? How many tunes can it hold? And do you have any specifics on the tunes you offer?
Sorry let me expalin this a little more. This is not going to be availble to the masses. It will only be available to Tuning companies if and ONLY if we can get this approved by DrewTech. Hopefully if we can get more companies as dealers for the INFINTY they will let us allow other tuners tuning on the unit. First company we are working with on this as a possiblity is No Limit Tuning and Design.

Thanks for you interest is is greatly appreciated and hopefully something we can work out.

Diane

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ok that's cool, but do you offer custom tuning yourselves?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Sorry let me expalin this a little more. This is not going to be availble to the masses. It will only be available to Tuning companies if and ONLY if we can get this approved by DrewTech. Hopefully if we can get more companies as dealers for the INFINTY they will let us allow other tuners tuning on the unit. First company we are working with on this as a possiblity is No Limit Tuning and Design.

Thanks for you interest is is greatly appreciated and hopefully something we can work out.

Diane
Yes, Diane is correct. I should have been more clear in my posting.

That service is not available right now, but it may be a future possibility. As of right now, we are the only ones who will be able to have tunes on the Infinity.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice! Good to know you tune the 6.0, When ever I see or hear DP-Tuner I think 7.3.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Diane
How do I get an infinity tuner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts