Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys -

any gurus on here know if there are any single din in dash receivers that have a 6" or less mounting depth???

Thanks

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Crutchfield.com should have it listed with the specs otherwise I don't know of any off hand. Putting it in a special spot or something??

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yepp..will post pictures when everything is done

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Yepp..will post pictures when everything is done
:D sweet, looking forward too it. Not sure your plans BUT if you needed too, people have built ribbon cabbles to detatch and remotely locate the faceplate off receivers. You could tuck the brain/CD portion away somewhere and then mount the faceplate alone somewhere to get all your control but would just have to go a little bit out of your away for changing cd's

Oh and are you looking for a flip out DVD receiver, or just a straight good ol cd receiver?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an in-dash thousand dollar touch screen nav system that was awesome and some jerk busted into my truck a month ago and ripped my dash apart ad stole it. Same douche came back 3 days later and went through my truck AGAIN bc I hadn't had time to replace the window yet. So for right now I am just getting a basic head unit installed...it may be all the would fit anyways. That hole ribbon cable idea is cool - but the plan I have would keep everything within reach...but if it doesn't work out I might have to consider it...depends on possible hacking up my venting tubes for clearance and just patching with some rivets...depends on how the clearance for the RCAs and antenna works out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That sucks man. I feel your pain. When my #### got stolen I lost about $2500 worth of goods. Anyway I believe there are some recievers that are under 6 inches that do not have a cd player built in. They are for tuner iPod xm Etc remotely located items. Kinda like a equalizer and reciever combined without cd. Where ya putting it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts