Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last December when I got my "new to me" 05' F250 with around 180,xxx miles on it.....when every the temps were down around freezing, it would always chug, chug, chug, chug for a little bit before the idle would smooth out and it would start idling good. So I added a bottle of the Hot Shot Secret Stiction Eliminator to the oil.....it didn't really do anything....still had the chug, chug, chug.

Well, it's almost been a year.....around 15,000 miles later, three oil changes, and HSS Stiction Eliminator was added at every oil change......and we finally had some cold weather sneak up on us a few days ago. It was 13 degrees out this morning.......I didn't have block heater plugged in, and I wanted to fire it up just to see if I got the same chugging as I did last year.

Well, this time it fired right up......didn't even act like it was cold. It instantly settled into a nice and smooth idle as soon as it fired up. No more chugging!

I'm a believer....this stuff works!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
So, it worked, but it took a while basically?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
if your issue was really stiction and if HSS really cleared it up
i would expect faster results than 1 year and 15,000 miles = three bottles of HSS

being an 05 you might not get a CEl for a 1 or more bad glowplugs

the issue you are describing could be stiction and it could be glowplugs or other problems

but if it is truly gone then it won't be a glowplug that healed up on its own lol

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
He just means he noticed that this winter it didn't act up.
Not; still acted up until this winter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I see what you're getting at.
Not the advertised one bottle.... lol
Didn't necessarily work for me either, but I had other issues. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
they offer a money back guarantee so i have no issues recommending them

also AutoZone sells it as well as some tractor supply stores

i have used them and archoil but i never used them to fix stiction

·
Registered
626 Posts
My idle was kinda choppy a few years ago, now it is much smoother.

I think I am am my second or third bottle but I dont change my oil but about every 10k miles....it is one bottle for the first use then 1/2 bottle added to every other oil change.

Believer also even at 442k miles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts