Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a friend of mine runs a tractor repair shop and is gonna be a shaeffer oil seller so I get to buy it off him which his shop is 1/2 mile from my house.He is gonna do the syn blend w/ 20% synthetic 15w40.I actually got to talk to the oil rep for shaefers since he was at the shop friday.I had to go to work so only talked about 20 minutes to him but man did he talk me ear off.I was gonna run the straight 15w40 but he said it only equals 35 cents a quart more for the syn blend so why not.He also said with my mods I could run 5000 miles gaurunteed w/ the blend but might be able to go 7-8k .I just have to do a iol sample and send it to him.He said he samples everything even his riding mowers oil.So what are your guys thoughts on what he said?I'm excited.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot that he said with the syn blend it would increase the oil pressure in the winter here and I would get better starts and run better cold even though its a 15w40.Thought that was strange but thats what he said.He also said that CAT just signed a deal with them to start selling shaeffers oil in all there CAT equipment.Ithink its only certain CATs though like MI CAT and IND CAT.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
I have been running Schaeffer's 15W-40 in my 7.3L for about 80,000 miles. I am running 8,000 to 11,000 mile oil change intervals. The 15W-40 series 7000 syn blend will hold viscosity better in higher ICP applications than the 9000 full synthetic 5W-40 and has a better additive package. But in Michigan you might like the cold start characteristics of the 5W-40.

Here is the comparison of the additive packages of the 2 oils he talked with you about. But like he said, it all depends on you mods and application.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What tractor shop are you referring to? I'm curious bc i'm from the battle creek area and wouldn't mind trying the stuff...thanks

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sommers equipment on Mi ave almost to Marshall.He has a bunch of red TYM tractors out front. He is gonna stock some but not a lot since he is getting started but can order it and have it in a few days.They are just getting him set up so I think the first shipment will be here friday.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate it White.I think I'll just try the 7000.I'm excited to get some in the truck.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I am picking up a case of 7000 tomorrow to go in my '97. My plan was to run the 7000 to clean out the engine and then switch to the 9000 but reading through all the old threads, looking at the UOAs posted and talking to White Buffalo I will stick with the 7000.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
shaeffers is the only oil that beans diesel offers in there shop... if i could get it here localy i would run it but i can't...

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
shaeffers is the only oil that beans diesel offers in there shop... if i could get it here localy i would run it but i can't...
Same with BTS.......

Were are you located? There might be a sales rep in your area even though you do not have any retailers selling it.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
central michigan

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
central michigan
If you like you can PM me your zip code and I can check if there are any Sales Reps in your area. Or you can call the 1-800 number listed on Schaeffer's website. The "Retail Locator" tab on Schaeffer's website only shows retail locations, not sales reps. A Schaeffer's sales rep can save you 10-20% off retail. Also, like Justin (JDecker88) said - all orders over $350 qualify for free shipping.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
I am picking up a case of 7000 tomorrow to go in my '97. My plan was to run the 7000 to clean out the engine and then switch to the 9000 but reading through all the old threads, looking at the UOAs posted and talking to White Buffalo I will stick with the 7000.
Good to see you on PSN Ron!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
49305 that would be awsome if you could find a rep near me...

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Yep, sure will. I will PM you his contact info. I think he is out of Grand Rapids but makes his way around.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Ive been running the series 9000 5w40 in my 6.0 for about a year now. love the stuff

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got the 7000 in and love it so far.I did the adrenaline at the same time so can't comment on an engine difference but its better thanks to the two of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts