Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"You took the 'easy' way out"
Maybe if I was building a 500 HP motor I would agree.
When you start talking 4 digit HP numbers there's nothing easy about it.
I'd love to see some of the haters give it a shot.......

· Registered
500 Posts
Rich, remember that most of the guys saying that have yet to rebuild one. Once they do that once, or a few times(depends on wallet and frustration threshold), they too will be looking for the light :D at the end of the tunnel.

Like I've said before, if you can do your own work the swap can be done for between 10-11k. It all depends how much you pay for your motor and how complete it is when you get it. To get to 600hp would take another 5k in mods; injectors $1100, turbo $1800, cp3 $1200 , box or tuner $800.

· Registered
7,584 Posts
Look at it this way, when and IF you make 4 digits at the ground you will be one of a few that have already done it.
When it blows you'll be just like all the other idiots on here(including myself)kicking rocks:D
Same world different day:swordfight:

· Registered
500 Posts
Agreed David, if 4 digits is the goal all bets are off as far as longevity goes, but at least the common rails have proven they can do it :poke::swordfight:

· Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A PSD motor ? That's always debatable.
A conversion truck ? I'm not sure...but that's the record I'm going for.
If all goes well...I'm shooting to break 1100 now.

The combo I'm using has already done 1132 in a 4wd Dodge truck....so we'll see come October when mine is done.

· Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I honestly don't know. My 6.0 was in the 700 club on nitrous.
Danny and Jason's 7.3's have to be more than that.

· Don't EFN worry about it
15,472 Posts
Hey man fook all the haters do what you want to do .I give my buddy with the 05 F-350 that has been destroked mad props but we still talk trash to each other. Only person that you have to please is yourself. I like the cummins engine just hate the crap around it, damn things(cummins engine) are super easy to work on and maintain.

· HP Junky
4,909 Posts
To the OP, let everyone bitch that you swapped out that PSD. Then when you lay down 1000hp and 10 second 1/4 mile times, you can say "Whose the retard now?"

To each his own, why does everyone else care so much how you spend your own money? As long as your happy and it goes fast, who cares?

More power to you....besides a Cummins motor in a Super Duty? Thats the best of both worlds

· Registered
6,587 Posts
To the OP, let everyone bitch that you swapped out that PSD. Then when you lay down 1000hp and 10 second 1/4 mile times, you can say "Whose the retard now?"

To each his own, why does everyone else care so much how you spend your own money? As long as your happy and it goes fast, who cares?

More power to you....besides a Cummins motor in a Super Duty? Thats the best of both worlds
SHUT UP! :lame:

:ford:

· Registered
7,584 Posts

People choose to be gay and we make fun of them, so whats the difference:D

BTW if anyone on here is gay I apologize in advanced:rolleyes:

· Super Duper Member
248 Posts
I say more power to you, Rich. Maybe some folks are just jealous. :confused: (I know I am.)

Even for the guys who absolutely hate Dodge (which I don't quite understand, but to each his own ;)), what does that have to do with Cummins?

Hope you bust 1200! :redspotdance:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.