Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a used chip from some one i dont know. is there anything i should worry about pluggin it in

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
See if you can sell it for a couple of bucks then put that twards a custom chip.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Make sure it will work on your truck. Get rid of it ASAP also. I worked on a truck yesterday that the Edge was messing up on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my truck is stock just has 3 inch down pipe 5 in side pipe and im buyin a intake so i dont need a custom burnt chip yet and he said that it works fine he just got a custom burnt one

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had a friend with an edge evo, he ran it in his 97 PSD forever with no problems, hooked it up to another friends 96, and it ran good with the Evo, took it out (back to stock) and..well..either the computer fried or the Evo didnt save the stock tune to put it back in...had to get a whole new computer for the truck...just make sure it will work with your truck.

But, just save yourself the hassle and get a custom tuned chip that way you know it will work. plus custom tuned is much better than an Evo.

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
tony wildman 6 position chips start out at 300, ditch the edge, put it on craigslist, and get one of tony wildmans (total diesel performance) chips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts