Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was chatting with a guy last night and he told me he had his truck on the dyno and was just shy of 800 hp. He then starts telling me "all" of his upgrades. He has a chip, stage one injectors intake and exhaust. I told him he was full of sh*t. His buddy told me he was there and it was the truth. Is this possible? I didn't think he could make 450 hp much less 800. Am I wrong?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
he is reading torque not hp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you say spraying are you saying nitrous.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
torque !! LOL. that would be resonable, but no way on HP. You couldnt spray enough nos to make 800 hp with that set up. it would have to be a good set of twins, tuning, and nos I think to make 800, or a really big single that lags like a snail.

Dan

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
torque !! LOL. that would be resonable, but no way on HP. You couldnt spray enough nos to make 800 hp with that set up. it would have to be a good set of twins, tuning, and nos I think to make 800, or a really big single that lags like a snail.

Dan
rods, gerdal, filled block, ....the list would be long.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Forget all that. There isn't enough fuel possible coming out of stage 1's to make 800. No matter how much oxygen is in the cylinder.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Well that too, LOL. All Nos is, is a turbo in a bottle, till its empty, LOL. with out fuel the bigest turbo on the planet will do nothing.

Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
absolutely no way..800 hp cannot be achieved with any engine with just these basic mods..The stock turbo would blow. Was the engine a 7.3?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Probably an Edge programmer... In which case, totally possible...

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
My 02 is north of 750 hp with just bolt ons...

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
:poke: (<--- I forgot this above) LOL

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Maybe you should ask him for a vid to verify all this......or ask him what his torque was at, if he was just shy of 800hp...........

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think he needs his eyes checked or needs to learn how to read his dyno results, u shoulda asked him which hpop he was running or how many cfm's his heads flowed prolly woulda shut him up right there

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sweet I have 800hp!!LOL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm no diesel guru but I figured this guy was blowing smoke out of more than just his tail pipe. Glad to know I'm not totally ignorant. I've read a lot on this forum and didn't think what he was telling me was possible. By the was to all you vets out there. I THANK YOU!!

Judd

1 - 20 of 23 Posts