Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys its time i got my buddys itp egr delete from him for $270 today...and im gonna get sticks from adam what do you guys think of 175cc rcd sticks and there 64mm turbo? could i still tow no more the 6500 pounds with this setup...Im also planning on getting the devils own water injection kit to keep things cool...And next month maybe a intercooler!!!

Let me know what u guys think...

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Well guys its time i got my buddys itp egr delete from him for $270 today...and im gonna get sticks from adam what do you guys think of 175cc rcd sticks and there 64mm turbo? could i still tow no more the 6500 pounds with this setup...Im also planning on getting the devils own water injection kit to keep things cool...And next month maybe a intercooler!!!

Let me know what u guys think...
that should work really well together!!! becarefull how much water you throw at it!! also have your intake hot tanked to clean out the soot and gunk,especially if theres chunks in there,cause the water over time will break it up and it could get caught between your valves and seats!

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
From everything I have seen, 175's and a 64mm NON-VGT turbo work very well together. I think it will be a great combo. Phillip, I will give you a call back in the morning.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brent did he have 175s or 155s? And Ya man we will for sure be at douglas maybe with better traction for the old ford this year....I still have rubber on my front doors from spinnin the those 35" mud grapplers so hard on the nitrous lmao...u will have to make a few trips to denver we will be there mostly every race with my 62 prostreet nova...and i will be running the stroke to hear and ther too

·
Registered
772 Posts
should work well. I have a industrial 62/70 and 190s, no egt problems and great spool. I bet a 64 would do just as well with proper tuning. I have towed 8k with it just fine.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much power did u make sam with your 190s and thanks for the info what do u guys think about rivercity 180? or you think im pushing it?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well maybe i ca do 180s and the 64mm non vgt...You think i could away with no water kit and still tow?

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
I've got a 62/70 and will soon have 190cc injectors and am hoping it won't get to hot, I have to make a trip down to Dallas hauling my brothers '63 Chevy C10 show truck this summer. Good luck with your set-up and have fun!!!

-French

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
where do you live, what elevation are you at, how hot does it get there and when do you do most of your towing, these are major questions that should be asked from the company selling you a 64 turbo. 6 leakers are very tempermental, only live tunned/local rcd guys are happy with there setup, theres nothing wrong with the setup, just need more info before saying weather thats the set up for you. also what are the interstate speeds you are legally allowed to tow at, given california where 55mph is the speed limit with a trailer, this set up will NOT work for you. if you town at 75 mph then it'll work great

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya we can tow at 75mph...It never gets hotter then 90 degrees here and we are 5000 plus ft...I wont be towing more then 6500 pounds..Im going with the new trusted 64mm turbo and rcd 180s...hope it will wrk what do u guys think?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya. I hope it works good...What kind of numbers you guys think with a 64 and 180s...i know its hard to say but hell whatcha guys think??

And redneck thanks for the help man...YOUR TRUCKS THE ####!! Someday i will have some twins...thats why i want a non vgt that way i can do twins later!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts