Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
THOMPSON13
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so someone just told me that anything over 20s are illegal in Illinois. I'm looking into getting some 22s so I wanna know if anyone has any info on this if its true? Thanks

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
I dont know how thats possible being there are cars that come from the factory with 22's.

·
THOMPSON13
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well as I started really thinking about it... he had to been confused and was thinking fender clearance or something. I know some guys that have been pulled over for too much rubber sticking out. But I'm set up for cut-outs so that wont be a problem.

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
That sounds more like it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is no illegal rim size in the Illinois Vehicle code. There is a max bumper and frame height so, if your tires make those measurements too high then its a violation. DJ

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
There may be a width limit, I am not from IL. I have been warned by MSP that my overall width was a violation they could wright me a ticket for. 20x14 with a big offset & 19.50 wide tires

·
Registered
56 Posts
Federal width limit was widened last year (I believe it was last year) to 8.5 ft. Just so ya know. :D DJ

·
Registered
56 Posts
:whs:
Although i would like to see 8.5ft rim diameter :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
as far as i know, there are no width laws currently in effect in illinois, however any protrusion greater than 1" from sidewall to widest point in the body is a violation, which is why most run flares. sweet truck dude!

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
There may be a width limit, I am not from IL. I have been warned by MSP that my overall width was a violation they could wright me a ticket for. 20x14 with a big offset & 19.50 wide tires
wrong,unless its a commercial vehicle we have no law for that here. been through it before. You never replied to my lift law post in the other thread either. i'm gonna have to school you some I see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts