Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 powerstroke and i lost my last key and the copy i had doesnt work apparently so i was going to replace the ignition switch but i obviously don't have a working key to use to take it out what should i do to get it out?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would go to the Ford dealer with your VIN number and your drivers license and have them cut you a new key. Try that before ripping out your ignition. Call the dealer & let them know your situation before hand.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would go to the Ford dealer with your VIN number and your drivers license and have them cut you a new key. Try that before ripping out your ignition. Call the dealer & let them know your situation before hand.
X2
Its deff way better option, unless U have any reason 2 believe the lost keys r in the wrong hands..? As long as U can prove the dealer, or whom ever cuts the key that its Ur vehicle, they will do it..
As 4 the above post, of 10 years back records.. That very well maybe true? I can't comment on that. But if thats the case.. Then I would say a good automotive locksmith should b able 2 cut off the VIN…?? Just my thoughts..??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts