Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you do me a favor? Measure how high the steps are from the ground. Also let me know what size tires you are running. I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
19"

7" lift with 35" tires. (tires to be replaced with 37" when current wear out)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
dang I used to have this measurement. 6" with 37's and amps was just about perfect on mine. I can't imagine that an 8 would be that bad..

·
Registered
312 Posts
My truck has 8 inch lift with 38s it not a problem. The amp steps are one of the best upgrade I did to my truck

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll see, Clint LOL

Thanks guys! I'm asking for my girlfriends benefit. She is all for me lifting it, but I also don't want her to be miserable climbing into it. I can always get the AMP step extensions if needed.

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I already have the AMPs, and I love em! Just trying to show the lady how much higher it will be. :D

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
IMO those spacers are ugly (sorry if i ruin your sale Layson lol). They just kinda defeat the purpose of HIDING the steps.

And i have an 8" lift with 38" tires. I could get you a measurement this evening if you like....

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be great! Thank you!

I'm really hoping to not need the spacers. I also agree that they don't look too good. (sorry Layson)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
IMO those spacers are ugly (sorry if i ruin your sale Layson lol). They just kinda defeat the purpose of HIDING the steps.

And i have an 8" lift with 38" tires. I could get you a measurement this evening if you like....
That would be great! Thank you!

I'm really hoping to not need the spacers. I also agree that they don't look too good. (sorry Layson)

You guys are killing me..... LOL Actually all you would need is a 2" pinchweld cover and you won't see them... LOL..

They did make is so easy to get in the truck. I was more interested in functionality over hiding them. Occasionally my 84 year old grandma rides around with me in the truck. So accessibility was key AND she could easily step up into the truck without any issues. :D

Honestly, even though you could see them, 99% of people still had absolutely no clue that they were steps. LOL

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You make a good point. You don't see them as much as I remembered. I still would rather not have to add them though. Thanks for the info either way! The truck looks great!

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I could only get a quick measurement. It wasn't the most level ground but the step was about 21.5 inches off the ground at the point where you step

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks man! I really appreciate it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts