Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm teaching myself to rebuild injectors any advice?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My jig

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Finished about to install I'll let you know how it goes

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
ALL IN....nice! Doesn't hurt to try it on your own. I hope it goes well!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
i was going to try this too on a few injectors i have laying around let me know how it goes

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have 9(2003 injectors) that I modded myself (cut plunger and piston), just haven't installed them yet to see the results. Instead of using the vice, I bought a "shaft collar" that fit over the injector body and used a "modified " set screw where the notch is to hold the injector. Worked great! Just make sure you install your spool in the right direction. Another tip is I polished the spool valve center bolt to let it slide easier(it may not even touch) and I cut a groove on both ends to break the "stiction". Like I said I don't know if my mods will even work yet! Never know until you try. Even if you fail you learn something. I read a great quote someone posted: Experience, what you get when the results are not what you intended it to be.

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
I'm curious, what injector are you modifying, from spec to spec? What are your personal goals with this, hobby or professional?

This is something I'd like to "play" with as well. Mostly for personal knowledge and understanding.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I did mine awhile back but if I recall, mine are about 175's and I left the nozzles stock and did not plug the spill ports. You can pick up more fuel if you plug the spill ports, but I am told you will run into idle issues. Like I stated earlier I dont even know if these will work yet.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm teaching myself to rebuild injectors any advice?
where did you buy the rebuild kit for these ? do you have a part number for them thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the injector back in works fine, I didn't do any kit just took it a parts cleaned it up and put it back together resolved stiction issue for free

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I replaced them I have a universal O ring kit just matched them up.

·
Registered
926 Posts
i forsee an issue with the orings... good job on the injectors but i wouldnt mess with orings. Some nasty stuff can happen when the incorrect materials are used with orings.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's the same spec I'm sure, when I say I have a universal kit I mean a box full of oem stuff from 25years at ford dealer

·
Registered
926 Posts
oh alright, well i hope you have good luck. as long as they werent junk orings lol

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I got the injector back in works fine, I didn't do any kit just took it a parts cleaned it up and put it back together resolved stiction issue for free
Sounds good, but I wouldnt say it resolves stiction.
Did you torque the solenoid/spool valve bolt back to EXACTLY what it was when you pulled it apart? It will have an effect on how much fuel is actually emptied. Too tight and the solenoid has to work harder to move the valve, whereas too loose, and it will allow the spool to slide too far.
Other then those, sound like you learned alot!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had two down in my truck. Just need them to last two weeks till my warrens come back. I adjusted everything to spec per mike, my mechanic/ best friend I don't know how long it will last but it's working good now like I said I'm not trying to go into business here just got to get thru the next two weeks and I was a little board sounded like a good idea

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
More pics

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had two down in my truck. Just need them to last two weeks till my warrens come back. I adjusted everything to spec per mike, my mechanic/ best friend I don't know how long it will last but it's working good now like I said I'm not trying to go into business here just got to get thru the next two weeks and I was a little board sounded like a good idea
hey if your board you are more than welcome to come reassemble this engine i have torn apart in my garage at home :poke:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts