Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6.4L believer
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just a quick question I currently run and H&S Mini Max with no sensors at all in my exhaust can and SCT live with Eric's IDP tunes run this way or do you need sensors? It has crossed my mind to give them a try since everyone raves about Eric's tuning. Thanks guys ahead of time for the feedback.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Needs sensors. It is the sct device not Eric's tunes

Edit: some have ran it without but i think that it idles high and etc. I havent ever tried to run mine without the sensors.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Def need sensors. I've run both and its worth a pipe with sensor holes for the IDP tunes. The H&S tuner itself is awesome and ability to tune aorund sensors is great too. Wish you could get the best of both worlds - IDP tunes on it...

·
Anthony02Tolson
86 Posts
Im in the same boat..My vendor screwed up and ordered me the wrong kit with out bungs..BUT luckily my sct tsx has the option to turn on and off the egt sensors, so i installed it anyways. Well come to find out SCT's egt option doesnt do anything and now my truck idles high..Im gonna have to buy the 3 bungs and put the senors back in my pipe

·
Registered
963 Posts
Im in the same boat..My vendor screwed up and ordered me the wrong kit with out bungs..BUT luckily my sct tsx has the option to turn on and off the egt sensors, so i installed it anyways. Well come to find out SCT's egt option doesnt do anything and now my truck idles high..Im gonna have to buy the 3 bungs and put the senors back in my pipe
Plug your sensors in and tie them up onto the frame.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Yeah Anthony, you dont have to have the sensors in the exhaust, they just have to be plugged up. Like already stated, just tie them to the frame

·
Anthony02Tolson
86 Posts
im having the shop weld on 3 bungs for the sensors. It was there screw up so they are gonna fix it! I appreciate the help tho. I didnt realize i could just zip tie them up and it fix my idle issue..I figured it had to read some oxygen/ air readings or something?

·
Registered
963 Posts
im having the shop weld on 3 bungs for the sensors. It was there screw up so they are gonna fix it! I appreciate the help tho. I didnt realize i could just zip tie them up and it fix my idle issue..I figured it had to read some oxygen/ air readings or something?
haha yea. They will just read outside tmp if you have the electrical connection and have them tied up. Hopefully they do a good job when they tap those sensors in so that if you ever have to take them out you will be able too. How you like your IDP Livewire tunes?

·
6.4L believer
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so if my sensors are still on the truck just tied to the frame then I can run a SCT with IDP Tunes or Gearhead tunes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts