Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into deleting the DPF on my 08 but I am wondering if I can get just Spartan tunes to put on my Dashdaq? I don't see anywhere where you can buy tunes, everything seems to be a package deal. I have a sponsor on here looking into it for me but if anyone knows please post up! Thanks...

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i think you have to pay for licensing and what not for the DD. the 450 out of warranty, travis?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think you have to pay for licensing and what not for the DD. the 450 out of warranty, travis?
No, but my dad keeps b!tching about regen so I told him I would install a simple DPF/DOC delete pipe and look into getting some lower power tunes for it.
You cannot just add tunes to a DashDAQ. You would need a tuning license from Spartan
I knew they needed licensing but can I get it done to my Dashdaq, or would you have needed to buy one from them?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just heard back from the sponsor I had looking for it and Spartan said they cannot add tunes to a "basic" Dashdaq, wonder what that means...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is possible to send it in and have them change the software Adam tell them that I am willing to do that. Depending on the cost, of course...

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
im sure they are able to do it through email...thats how the DD use to come. now they pretty much come ready to go out of the box.
the regens are a pain and im sure you guys will be happy with the lower tunes. ill be towing to colorado and am wondering what kind of mileage my truck will do with the 210 tow tune

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
We do not install our license in dash daq that are not our Spartan numbers. They are many dash daq out on the market that are used just for the gauges in other brands of trucks. We have been ask before but our policy is still no.
Sorry Travis, this is what I am getting direct from Donna @ Spartan

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Travis, this is what I am getting direct from Donna @ Spartan
OK thanks Adam. I should have looked into this more before I bought a Dashdaq strait from Drewtech:doh: What are my other options to install a DPF delete? I want to keep the dashdaq for gauges, is there any kind of flash programmer I can put on a 6.4?

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Man thats really crappy. Sorry for the bad news :doh: So you'd have to spend another $1000 just to run tunes, am I understanding this correctly?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
OK thanks Adam. I should have looked into this more before I bought a Dashdaq strait from Drewtech:doh: What are my other options to install a DPF delete? I want to keep the dashdaq for gauges, is there any kind of flash programmer I can put on a 6.4?
The SCT Livewire, SCT TSX, and H&S Black Maxx are all great tuners. If your going to keep the DashDAQ, I would get an SCT Livewire with Eric's tuning package on it.

Man thats really crappy. Sorry for the bad news :doh: So you'd have to spend another $1000 just to run tunes, am I understanding this correctly?
It looks like to me that he would have to purchase a Spartan tuner, which would be $1250

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would have to buy a Dashdaq from Spartan, aka the "phalanx console". That is not going to happen. I already think Sparatan is overpriced, $300 for the 275 tune:eek: I got Eric's race tune on my 6.0 and it was $80...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The SCT Livewire, SCT TSX, and H&S Black Maxx are all great tuners. If your going to keep the DashDAQ, I would get an SCT Livewire with Eric's tuning package on it.
The only issue is all of those are monitors too, I wish the X3 worked for the 6.4.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I would have to buy a Dashdaq from Spartan, aka the "phalanx console". That is not going to happen. I already think Sparatan is overpriced, $300 for the 275 tune:eek: I got Eric's race tune on my 6.0 and it was $80...
that basically what would have to happen in order to get Spartan tunes. Sorry, I can still get you an SCT, maybe the cheaper SCT X3OR version? and you use that for tuning and the DD for gauges?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that basically what would have to happen in order to get Spartan tunes. Sorry, I can still get you an SCT, maybe the cheaper SCT X3OR version? and you use that for tuning and the DD for gauges?
Wait so you can get an X3 with Eric's tunes? I would happy to do that.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know if the X3 works on the 6.4L? I thought only the Livewire did, but that was a while ago...

On Eric's site it says he has a package with 3 tunes for $150. That is exactly what I want.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts