Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had there livewire upgraded yet? I am driving up there Saturday.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I'm running there new tunes in my 2010. Very impressive, the XRace tune has a bit too much smoke for daily driving at my elevation, but it rips. I've really started to like the 215hp tune for overall driving.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I still have the older version, is there a pretty big diffrence?

·
401 Posts
With no towing I have been running the Xtreme Mild and the later lockup. I like this. Not much if you dont hammer it and load the engine. Great daily driver tune in my opinion.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now I use the tow tune and the xtreme street. I love them ! I will get the upgrade tomorrow. With the race tune, should I delete the egr cooler? I use it for a everyday driver and April- November I tow a 11,000 fifth wheel about every other week. Should I delete the egr cooler if I use the race tune?

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Recieving my new Livewire today! Updated! CAnt wait!

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
I love the new EX Mild, perfect daily driver.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I cant seem to get any fuel mileage out of my Extreme Mild, I love the tune though

·
PSN Been daer dun it!
625 Posts
Woodboy...when I return I will find out if my truck runs with any tune!! LOL!

·
401 Posts
My mpg has dropped a little also with the mild, but not that bad. It might be because I am at a higher RPM all the time cruising. I dont know much about diesel tuning, but I would bet that the injection timing is down at lower rpms.
next time I drive out of town unloaded I will load the street or x-street and see if the MPG is that much different for me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took the hour drive to see Eric and get the new tune. Extreme mild is a great tune and so far on the ride home I like it. I like to thank the guys at IDP, the knowledge they have is top of the line. This is my first diesel and I now feel like I know the 6.4 like I know the 5.0, 351w and 427. There shop was real nice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts