Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my e-brake assembly off to read the tag on the idm to make sure i dont have a california emission truck. i saw the lil white tag but it didnt tell my anything about AA or AB injectors. ? what am i supposed to look for?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i could do that. someone told me i could read the code off the pcm thats under the e brake cable. i guess i could pull the valve cover if i have to.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
its not that hard to pull the valve covers.

the only other way is that there is some part on the fuel pump that was only on cali model trucks.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah its a 97 f-350 5 speed. i posted about this a while ago but cant find the numbers/letters on the tag they told me to look for. i guess ill just pull the valve cover

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Normally you read the PCM code from the engine compartment side. Just use a flashlight and mirror. If your truck is a 97 California model, it'll have a black flying saucer looking thing on the back of the fuel pump instead of just the banjo bolt (its a pulse dampener). Cheers!

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
This would be the pulsation damper mounted on top of the fuel pump banjo assembly at the rear of the fuel pump; somewhat under the turbo. Its about 3.5" in diameter, black with Bosch 9 401 240 169 printed on top of it in white letters. The damper may be rust brown by now. Only on California AB injected engines. All of the Federal models do not have this damper installed on top of the banjo.

The glow plug relay also has a current shunt installed on the output of the relay to read glow plug current draw along with a couple of small wires that go to the PCM. The Federal models do not.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
just check the label on the front of the hpop and it will give you some numbers then letters, the last two letters will tell you your inj size. example mine ends in AA. it also shows the year of the truck on there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts