Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
possibly going to buy the modded idm from beans. anyone have it? is it worth 100$? where is the idm located? how do i remove/ install it? do i have to have any soldering done or is it just a bolt-in rplacement of the stock? thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
its located on the drivers side fender above the wheel well, mine was only held on with 3 bolts but looks like its suspossed to be 4.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
You won't have to do any soldering if you buy from Beans. Just swap em out.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Yep, your just sending your IDM to Beans, they do the modification and then send it back to you. And its worth it.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
"Worth it" is relative, mine was $0.25.

The improvents are noteable but not huge. It will start easier and have a crisper pedal feel.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
"Worth it" is relative, mine was $0.25.

The improvents are noteable but not huge. It will start easier and have a crisper pedal feel.
This is true. If you know how to solder, you can DIY for less than a dollar. However, you screw it up, and you just gambled 300 bucks on a new IDM.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im fairley mechanically inclined, however soldering isnt my specialty.
Beans can handle it :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im doing my own this week cant wait!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I really wanted to do this mod, but can`t find anyone local that has the resistor`s. Does anyone with a chip have this done? and if so did it help? Good luck with the idm from beans post back and tell me how it works. Roger

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really wanted to do this mod, but can`t find anyone local that has the resistor`s. Does anyone with a chip have this done? and if so did it help? Good luck with the idm from beans post back and tell me how it works. Roger
will do roger

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
1 of mine is stock tunes and straight pipe/DIY intake and it runs good. The other has a DP, TW/TS, intake and straight pipe and you can't take off with more than 1/2 throttle w/o frying the right rear.

·
Registered
448 Posts
^^^^^^^^ the tw truck has 4.10s right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
where could i find the info to do the idm mod? my search wont work

·
Registered
183 Posts
i spent the money to have mine done and beans shipped it back and cant say i can tell any difference? sure hope they did the mod and not just send it back stock:shrug:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
i spent the money to have mine done and beans shipped it back and cant say i can tell any difference? sure hope they did the mod and not just send it back stock:shrug:
Was that on the 99? Cuz its not much of a difference from 120v to 140v where as the OBS trucks are jumping from either 100 or 110 to 140.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts