Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to do the idm mod, what resister to put in?? and have a link to a diagram or something to walk threw it

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I thought that the early ones were like 90 and the later ones were 110 or something like that. And the modded ones were being increased to 140! I am curious if this makes a big difference with bigger injectors? Or if it is very noticeable?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is a link to the instructions I used
I bought the resistors from Mouser.com 0.14 ea but $6.00 shipping

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the replacement resistor, I placed an order with Digi-Key corporation. The resistor is a .5W 73.2Kohm 1% metal film. My IDM is an IDM 120. IDM 100 and 110 require a 75Kohm. how do i know which one to use?? i want to do the 140 mod

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is an IDM 120 and I used the 73.2k resistor. After i did it ,I did notice some improvement ,the pedal seems more sensitive.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
I know in my 03 I have the stock 120 resistor that can be modded to the 140. I actually had my IDM out but when I seen how close and no room for error the job needed, I wussed out, plus my soldering pen tip was to big for the job so I buttoned it back up, sealed it good and forgot about it. Here's some info I heard thru the grapevine, very reliable info. If you plan on a injector upgrade, its best to leave your IDM alone, with the proper tuning, all these varibles can be taken care of by your choice tuner.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I can't see how more voltage is a bad thing with these type injectors different calibrations, upgraded injectors or not.

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
search the swamps high frequency idm, thats what im running,... good explanation of the differences, and what the 2 different ones do on the thread,

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didnt the mod on my idm it starts better and faster off idle glad best .17 cents mod you can do ha ha

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Local Radio Shack.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
What size do you need? I can see if I can source them here. Postage stamp shipping.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
If you want to order go Digi-key and buy 200, then mail'm out for buck apiece.I got mine from a ele supplier in KC, it's about 2-3 times bigger than the Vishay res DK sells and won't vibrate loose. Pack of 6 $1

1 - 20 of 54 Posts