Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
i was told when i sent mine out to be modded that its just another piece to the puzzle, on an obs like you said its more noticable, i didnt get the regular modded idm, i got the swamps high frequency idm, but did it the same time as my injectors, soooo hard to tell a what made the holy #### factor ha

·
Registered
16 Posts
What is the high frequency mod, I've never herd of this? Does this have to do with pulse width?

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
search it, its probably in the swamps section, but its on here

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
According to Beans they've seen trucks do another 7 HP and 30 ft lbs on the same tune when they mod the IDM.

Theory is, when the IDM send a signal to the injector to open, it's a little sluggish to actually open. Moddin it, (on my SD it went from 120V to 140V) is supposed to open the injector faster, when the signal is sent.

Doesn't keep it open any longer or make it do anything like that, just snaps open, snaps closed.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I know that beans and swamps do it different. I havent heard of anyone that does the 2 things to the IDM's like swamps.... most people just do the one that opens the injectors faster.
I believe swamps 2nd thing they do holds it open longer

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
I know that beans and swamps do it different. I havent heard of anyone that does the 2 things to the IDM's like swamps.... most people just do the one that opens the injectors faster.
I believe swamps 2nd thing they do holds it open longer
What does holdin 'em open for longer with an IDM do for you, that a tuner commanding wider PW doesn't...

The speed thing is the only thing to mess with.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
wont the rev limiter take that out?
I've never really heard anything about higher RPM's.... All i know is that it makes injectors fire quicker is the big thing. maybe holds them open longer which would result in the higher RPM's?

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
Tuning controls PW. PW is what keeps injectors open longer. If the injectors can open and close quicker they can continue to to deliver fuel at higher RPMs.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Tuning controls PW. PW is what keeps injectors open longer. If the injectors can open and close quicker they can continue to to deliver fuel at higher RPMs.
They do a high voltage mod and a high frequency mod.... the result is a longer amount of time that full voltage is supplied to the injector. It also reduces the pulse gap
So would a modded Idm help a stock truck out?
yes it will actually. It will give you better bottom end, throttle response.

Mine is sitting here waiting to be installed but its still nasty outside so i havent gotten to it

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Yeh I talked to a guy saturday that did both and he said he noticed a difference. he did it with the same truck from going with the standard beans one to the swamps one.But who knows.I'm cheap nad only wanna spend a $100 so I'm gonna get the beaners.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Yeh I talked to a guy saturday that did both and he said he noticed a difference. he did it with the same truck from going with the standard beans one to the swamps one.But who knows.I'm cheap nad only wanna spend a $100 so I'm gonna get the beaners.
I got mine today....

things i noticed:
1. Easier starting
2. better low end (especially in OD when the truck lugs)
3. more response if you just quickly stab the skinny pedal
4. Idles a little better too!

Overall I got a great deal on it so it was worth it. Im not sure if i would of spent $275 for it though!

the beans one will be a good upgrade!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts