Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth the 100 bucks for the icm mod from beans diesel performance??

·
USASF Retired
305 Posts
What exactly is the benefit of this mod?

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
crisper throttle response and a a lil more fuel, as i understand it its bumping the voltage up and allowing the injectors to fire quicker and more accuratly alowing them to flow all the fuel they are supposed to

·
Registered
615 Posts
What exactly is the benefit of this mod?
Actual results vary from truck to truck. Basically it gives, a smoother idle, improved throttle response and a bit more HP and torque (usually noticeable by seat of the pants dyno).

Voltage is increased from stock (allbeit 100, 110 or 120 volts) to 140 volts. What's actually happening is the injectors are opened sooner and held open slightly longer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
it really starts pulling harder at about 1800 rpm and up. Mine was a 100 volt module and I upgraded it to the 140 volt. Should have done this mod a long time ago.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
does any one know wat the diffrence is between the beans idm and the swamps idm since swamps is 175 more

·
Registered
615 Posts
Swamps HF-HV IDM has tweaked the frequency (HF) as well as increased the voltage (HV).
He's no doubt put a lot of work into this new mod.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
what he said and is it worh the extra 175

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have been thinking about getting one i just cant afford for my trck to be down while i send mine in and wait to get mine back and how much better is the swamps or beans

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
does a chip take the place of this mod or can it be used with a chip?

·
Registered
319 Posts
chip is different, this actually makes the idm signal to the injectors stronger

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
You can search on this site the "it yourself IDM mod" and find out its just replacing a single precision resistor (about a buck). The thread gives the specs on the resistor and how to do it. However, its not easy to replace so one way you can have this done taking it to a school with an electronics program (high school or JC?) and have the resistor changed out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did the mod. It wasn't that hard. If you can solder, you can do it. If you cannot solder I am sure you can find someone who can. Again, this is an easy mod.

·
Stroke This
156 Posts
Swamps change the voltage and frequencies of the IDM when Beans only changes the voltage. I have no experience on whos better but I know all about it they have testing posted up somewhere?
Mark

·
Registered
615 Posts
what he said and is it worh the extra 175
That is something everyone has to decide for themselves. IMO, considering the time and effort swamps (and others though I don't know all their names right off) have put into solving the mystery of and tweaking the punk out of our IDM's, it's a good price.

i have been thinking about getting one i just cant afford for my trck to be down while i send mine in and wait to get mine back and how much better is the swamps or beans
Check with a local wrecking yard for a good/working IDM to send in. Once you have your modded unit back, sell or hord your stock IDM.

does a chip take the place of this mod or can it be used with a chip?
a chip and modded IDM can be run together. just make sure your tuner knows you have a modded IDM.

You can search on this site the "it yourself IDM mod" and find out its just replacing a single precision resistor (about a buck). The thread gives the specs on the resistor and how to do it. However, its not easy to replace so one way you can have this done taking it to a school with an electronics program (high school or JC?) and have the resistor changed out.
Good advice - as usual.

I did the mod. It wasn't that hard. If you can solder, you can do it. If you cannot solder I am sure you can find someone who can. Again, this is an easy mod.
:whs:

Swamps change the voltage and frequencies of the IDM when Beans only changes the voltage. I have no experience on whos better but I know all about it they have testing posted up somewhere?
Mark
Roger. Here is the thread on Swamps Hi-Voltage / Hi-Frequency IDM's. It's a good read.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I read that thread attachment,
has anyone done a before and after dyno pull?
any type of actual numbers to prove the claims?

I'm just curious if it was worth it.

John

1 - 20 of 29 Posts