Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place to get a IDM mod done? What other mods like this can be done? i have injectors and HPOP on the way...

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Beans does it I think !!??

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Swamps. Have them do the fancy Hi-voltage/Hi-frequency mod.

Sam

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
where is the best place to get a IDM mod done? What other mods like this can be done?
What other mods did you have in mind?? Resistor type easy electrical? There is the 10K mod, 18k mod, eot(engine operating temp mod), a few others. IDM mod is the most worthwile though IMHO. It is easy to do yourself but a little scarry and expensive if you mess it up. I have some pictures of how I did mine if you want. Good insurance though to have someone else do it.

·
got another 7.3
526 Posts
Can you still run a chip with the IDM mod, I've heard it will sometimes act crazy

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did mine myself and I've only had a few experiences with a soldering gun. I just broke the old resistor out and soldered the new one in real quick with a fine tip. If for some reason you mess it up I've got a spare IDM from a 99-02 7.3L thats even got a 1 year warranty on it sittin around.

·
Registered
565 Posts
whats an IDM, what does modding it involve and what do you gain?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is this also known as a resistor mod? Still learning about that too so I don't know a whole lot about either mod.

·
Starting Over
4,629 Posts
IDM mod ups the voltage to the injectors making them react faster.

This is not the "10k mod"or "resistor mod".

I purchased a modded IDM for 200 bucks.This was before they released instructions for Self performed mod.I would still purchase or have someone who is more knowledgeable with solder and circuit boards do an IDM mod.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Can anyone pm me the idm mod procedure so I can get a better idea of what its all about and if I can do it myself or not?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks Kainers

·
Registered
565 Posts
what am i going to gain by doing this on my 97? any power gains? i was thinking of using the idm off my 94.5 parts truck in case i screw up trying to mod it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
well i was reading that pre 95.5 powerstrokes will see better gaines than a newer obs. im just seeing if its worth my time on my 97

1 - 20 of 21 Posts