Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 f250 7.3 auto, and for the past couple week its been idleing rough loping badly, but it doing it on and off, sometime when i start it up and some after i have been driving it it will just start doing it, but as soon as you touch the pedle it runs perfect, and if you let off it will do it again. its been throwing the ses light on here and there for a minute to too also. i havent had time to get the codes checked, its been doing it more often the past week, so i was just wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be thanks

keith

·
Pearson's Diesel
473 Posts
Need to get the codes checked and monitor the icp at idle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ive been trying to get time to get it checked, does it store codes could i see what the light was on for because its off now and its been acting better only idled rough a couple times in the past few days, when its doing it if i hit the peddle a few times it will stop, i know the peddle is electronic could it be bad or is there an idle sensor on it? thanks

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Might be looking at an IPR... Take a look a it to make sure the jamnut is still on and hat the wire harness isnt frayed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finaly getting time to fix this, were is the ipr located so i can take a look at it, its got the same problem going on still but its very irragular, and everytime it idles rough the ses light is coming on but goes out after a min, do these trucks store codes? not sure if i can bring and the could tell me what its been on for because its usualy not on , thanks

·
Paul
160 Posts
If the SES light is coming on it will store a code.
This sounds a lot like a loose UVCH (Under Valve Cover Harness). Doing the 50 cent mod should take care of it if that's the case.
It could also be a sticking IPR. We really need those codes to be sure. The IPR is located down in the valley on the back of the HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks im still trying to bring it to get the codes checked, ill post them up when i find out what they are. ill check the uvch too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
mines doing the same exact thing it stored codes p1280, p1670, p0340. any idea? its drivin me nuts!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had a chance to work on the truck a little this morning, i think its the icp, when it was idling rough i unpluged it and it ran fine, also it was filled with oil were the plug is, so im gunna change that and see how it goes.

·
Paul
160 Posts
Drivers side head, as you are looking under the hood to the right of the fuel bowl.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just figuerd ide update here, it was the icp and its all fixed thanks for everyones input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts