Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

idk what the hell is wrong, but I'm sure I'll need parts

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  jamiesaun 
#1 ·
Pcm never switches to ground mode for the gpr. Hard start, sometimes clicks only, and must cross point on starter relay. Pcm? Am I the only o e would dering how to check it's connections? It's barried and has a short harness. Easy way I don't know?

#4 ·
Well, I'm finding two different styles. One has the pcm controlling everything and one has a control module, so I'm assuming they switched it up at some point and put a module in it. Im also assuming you have the pcm style since you mentioned pcm. This is a pretty crappy schematic, but it'll have to do. It's all I can find.

So anytime the key is on you will have power on both of the small terminals of the relay. If the pcm is trying to turn it on, the side with the black wire will drop to zero volts and the red side will still be 12v. If the pcm is not turning it on there will be 12v on both of the small terminals of that relay. That's how you will know if it's a control problem or a power one. Simply hook a voltmeter to the black wire and turn the key on. If there is 12v there the pcm is not turning it on. If there is 0v there, it is turning it on, or trying to anyway and the problem is somewhere else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.