Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2006 f350 6.0
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished oil cooler replacement as well as standpipes dummy plugs and y pipe couple other odds and ends. I just found a bolt on my bench curious where it goes and how critical it is any help identifying it would be awesome so I don't have to go tearing this back apart looking 馃う
Stonemason's hammer Wood Door Tool Font

Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
Without a ruler next to it, I cannot tell, but it looks like an oil cooler bolt for a 7.3L.

However, that bolt and a nut would also secure an up-pipe to an exhaust manifold.

Again, I am 7.3L, not 6.0; Please post a picture with a ruler next to it.

Registered
Ruler would help, as well as telling us what socket fits the head. I'm thinking it looks a lot like the oil rail hold-down bolt.....but some years had regular bolts and some had torx bolts and I can't remember which style the '06 has off the top of my head.

Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!

Super Moderator
That鈥檚 not an oil cooler bolt. I鈥檓 99% sure that鈥檚 what I mentioned before. Front and rear cover bolts are similar but you didn鈥檛 remove those. That鈥檚 an M8 x1.25 bolt. Nothing else on that motor uses that bolt in the photo.

Super Moderator
You didn鈥檛 take any of the small head bolts out along the top near the oil cooler did you? That size/length bolt could be used there also. Only other spot I just thought of too are rocker box to head bolts but you would have had to take the oil rail out for those.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts