Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im coming into a little bit of money roughly around 15,000 bucks US i wanna build up my truck in my sig. and i would like to get as much power out of my 7.3 without getting into the motor really.

id like to hit 500hp or 1000lbs torque id like to be close to them numbers

i plan to run

Injector wise:id go with Hybrids probably mininium 238/80

HPOP: id run a stealth or a termintor

Turbo: id run either QQSB or a H2E

Intercooler: id run either a 6.0 intercooler or a Hypermax

Transmission: id probably run either a ATS or something since it 2wd i wouldnt have to worry about breaking much

Exhaust: id like to run as big as down pipe as possible with either headers and maybe a set of stacks

Any Input would be great thanks

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Since this would be your first "build" I'd suggest taking baby steps that way your build does not outgrow your budget. If you jump and go big things can get pricey very, very quick.

IMO based off of your truck and mileage i'd keep it fairly mild. Here's my suggestions.

injectors- have 100% nozzles on your current injectors and flowed to insure they are in good working order

hpop- adr or srp1

turbo- hypermax h2e

intercooler- hypermax tapercore

transmission- i'd run yours until it breaks, unless your dead set on blowing some cash right away.

exhaust-hypermax kit will come with a 3" dp and that is plenty, as for headers they are not needed for your application and IMO would be a waste of money.

That setup should bump you over 450hp, be very driveable and smoke free.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got a 3 inch down pipe already and idk about the stage 1 180cc injectors id like to just go to hybrids. idk which would be cheaper but i figure i could sell my injectors and buy a set off here. id buy everything used from here cause i trust you guys on here.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
If you want a bigger DP its going to take some serious firewall work, i would not advise messing with it. I made 600hp on a 3" dp, so it does flow enough. Standard 160/100 stage 2's will get you very close to 450 with good tuning and all the supporting mods. If you use your 180's and upgrade the nozzles to 100% your going to have enough fuel to go north of 450.

Trust me ive seen it time and time again over the years... I cant count the number of times guys on the forums have fallen into money and blown it all on a truck and when it breaks they cant afford to fix it because they blew their wad buying all kinds of parts. I have had everything from stock to 700+hp and i'll settle for my old obs thats ~425-450hp all day long. Im just giving you my opinion based on my own experience with these old rigs.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Do NOT get an ATS transmission. Like short bus said run your until it breaks. There are plenty of build options out there for the autos. If you want to get hands on swap a ZF5 into it.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just curious whats so bad about ATS in general they seem ok ? but i know where a regular cab is with a smoked ZF5 speed is. for like 2200 but i could get it for 1800 probably and it already got a stage 1 single south bend clutch

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
just curious whats so bad about ATS in general they seem ok ? but i know where a regular cab is with a smoked ZF5 speed is. for like 2200 but i could get it for 1800 probably and it already got a stage 1 single south bend clutch
that is too much money. It is only worth 500-700

·
OJAI, CA.
73 Posts
Just throwing it out there that if you ditch your 180's pm me with a price

·
Registered
744 Posts
Why not do cr cummins swap? And go from there?

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Do a search for them on here and you'll see what I'm talking about. They have a very big problem with standing behind their warranty, and these types of issue seem to happen all too often. To put it in perspective, they have a stack of their lawyer's business cards on the front desk of their building....at least that's what I hear.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well that truck got 170cc injectors, a edge cts, downpipe exhaust, gauges, dvd and stero, so i believe it worth just alittle bit more

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
COmmon Rail? yeah right . im a diesel fan but i believe whats in the truck from factory should stay there unless it a blown up 6.0 or a gasser swap. im sticking with the 7.3

·
Registered
744 Posts
15k probably wont get a conversion done especially if you pay someone else to do it.
You can get it done shouldn't cost more than 10k then 5 k to build it!

Why not refresh the engine? And still do hybrids and and h2e with ic on top of it... Plus you need studs and springs why not just do a full build!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we'll see i plan to buy everything off here when i get the money cause i dont wanna buy new cause it gets real expensive real quick so i plan to go for turbo and injectors and ic first then studs and springs

·
Registered
744 Posts
The way I see it you have spent around half your money on the setup listed.... So why no go through the engine?

·
Registered
35 Posts
PAY YOUR BILLS OFF!!! DONT BLOW THE MONEY There's nothing wrong with a stock truck I dont know where your from but us as in florida are still in recession. But I will give you my address if you are going to give hand outs!

GOOD LUCK BUDDY.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i make good money and im up to date on all my bills ahead on some even and like i said im being given 15k maybe even more down the road. and i figure if it went 284k and still ticking it fine it runs and drives fine but i probably will disassemble the motor and clean it up a bit at least. like id replace rings and seals and do some other stuff. i was thinking about cleaning the engine till it like mint and then paintin it IH red . and with whatever money left over i may save to buy either another stroker or maybe this a maybe go find a old 12valve dodge and turn it up some. sorry guys i like the old 12v too you cant argue with it. the motor doesnt ask for dumbies blowing smoke or acting like kids.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but thats after i finish my ford.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts