Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here is my story/Problem- I have a 04 Ford CC SB 4X4 with about 175,000 miles on it. I run a SCTx3 with tunes from eric. A couple months ago I turned a corner and the truck trans slips going into second gear. I kind of got excited about it and stop and check fluid and for leaks-nothing. so I continue to drive and several 1000 miles no problems.

Then last monday drove to work, stoped at a stoplight. Light turned green stepped on the skinny pedal motor reved to 2000 rpms and just creeped forward. Let off the go pedal motor went back to idle. stepped on the pedal again and it left just like normal. Got to work and used my insight to pull codes- No tranny codes. just the p1000 code and the p320 code.

After work drove it home no problems, drove it the rest of the week no problems till last night. Driving down the interstate no problems about a mile from my exit I start rolling out of the fuel, turn on to the exit ramp and it downshifts funny. Come to the stoplight and it slips again just like above. This time it caught and then shifted funny through the gears all the way to over drive and continued this till I pulled in the driveway and parked it in the shop.

My question is does this sound like a shift solenoid stuck, or is the tranny toast!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, Looking for advice anyone have any idea's- I loaded my stock tune and worked fine for a couple hundred miles and it did it to me again this morning. One thing I noticed is on a long stretch of road coming down the highway coming to a red light I coasted about 1/8 of a mile and it acted like it went into Nuteral. I shifted down to frist gear on the colmun.... Nothing still acting like in Nuteral. Pushed the tow/haul light.... Nothing still acting like its in Nuteral.... Light turns green put the truck back in drive and it acts like in low gear then shifts up and acts normal the rest of the way to work. One thing I did notice was it was 13 degrees this morning and when this happend trans temp was a 165. Drove 50 miles home after work and trans temp never got over 145 and it was 34 degrees out side on the way home. Is this something or is it the 6.0L syndrome? Been to three different tranny shops and every tells me run it till it stops. I would think there would be someone else out there that has had this problem. Idea's please.... Thanks in advanced.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,121 Posts
My first guess is that the tunes damaged the trans. I know a lot of arguments are going to start over that statement, and that's fine. It's my opinion based on what I know about the TorqShift transmission. My full time job for three years while I was at Ford was developing the "tunes" that run this transmission. It is one of the most complicated transmissions to tune of any in the world.

It is also possible that you have random sticking solenoids. Old, worn fluid can do this, as can running any fluid other than MERCON SP or MERCON LV.

It's probably worth changing the fluid for fresh MERCON SP or MERCON LV and see if it improves.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark,

Going in Friday for a complete flush and both filters changed. Will see whats in the bottom of the pan. Will post if it improves or if the tranny completely shells out. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts