Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stumpy
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its hanging on the pass side frame rail, leads back up to the wire loom for the heater box resisters. Dont know where it goes cant find a place to plug it in, wiring diagram in Militon book has led nowhere. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I can't take my eyes off your avatar so sorry I'm no help at all

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
A plug for factory lighted side steps? That looks kind of famliar under our X

·
Registered
444 Posts
kinda looks like my old connections for the ABS brake connectors what year of truck?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Lighted steps...

·
Stumpy
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2000 F250 CCSB. I bought it salvage and dont know the history of it, thus my concern with a loose plug. If I put a volt meter to it it should power on with the door open if its lighted steps? Humm I might take advantage of that, should there be one on the drivers side too?

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
That looks exactly like the ABS wire connector... I don't think 2000s had lighted steps.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Agree... ABS.. it should be attached to mudflap area, inner fenderwell, etc.. maybe someone put non abs hubs in or something?

·
Registered
444 Posts
mine was only an xlt extra cab, and yes there will be one on each side for ABS, they came from the frame by the antisway bar connection, then were routed up behind the mud flap and attatched to the inner fender protector, then clipped to the brake line and run down to the wheel bearing area. Maybe the wiring harness just has all the connectors from factory, and when building they only use the ones needed and this truck did not come ABS.

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
Maybe the wiring harness just has all the connectors from factory, and when building they only use the ones needed and this truck did not come ABS.
Winner winner. My truck does NOT have front ABS. Got a nice letter from the insurance co telling me that (and that my rates were going up because of it), and I'll also take you for a drive to show you... Yet, it still has the wiring up there.

·
Stumpy
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So if I put abs hubs on (it needs some soon) will they work or are there more parts missing elsewhere?

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
So if I put abs hubs on (it needs some soon) will they work or are there more parts missing elsewhere?
ABS hubs will work (they're usually cheaper than non-ABS), but that won't make your truck have front ABS. If you do run the ABS hubs, you need to buy the other half of the wiring harness, or get hubs that come with the harness, or plug up the hole for the sensor in the hubs.

·
Stumpy
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't abs equipped trucks have a modulating valve between the master cylinder and the brakes that gives it the abs function? I would have to have that as well for it to work, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts