Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a mouse chew threw some wires on my 2000 F350 7.3, and I am hoping to ID the wires and wire connector shown in the photos.

The connector is located on the drivers side between the battery and the headlight and is mounted on the crossmember behind the headlight. The connector terminates there and does not run anywhere else (possibly a connection point for an optional item that my truck does not have?!)

The two wires come out of the main wiring harness that runs under the battery tray and go directly to the connector shown, maybe 8 inches of wire. You can see the empty battery tray in the foreground of one of the photos for orentation purposes.

Does anyone know what these wires are for?

Thanks in advance,

-Mountainhiker

Shoe Hood Automotive tire Light Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
722 Posts
The way to ID stock Ford wiring is by color. Ford has used the same color wire for a given function since the 40s. Obviously, new functions have required both 1) new colors & combinations, and 2) re-use of some colors for different functions. But it's still usually very easy to figure out which function applies from the list of colors on this page:

(This should appear as a bare text URL link)
(Apparently the forum has fetched some info from that page, so the text I posted isn't shown)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a mouse chew threw some wires on my 2000 F350 7.3, and I am hoping to ID the wires and wire connector shown in the photos.

The connector is located on the drivers side between the battery and the headlight and is mounted on the crossmember behind the headlight. The connector terminates there and does not run anywhere else (possibly a connection point for an optional item that my truck does not have?!)

The two wires come out of the main wiring harness that runs under the battery tray and go directly to the connector shown, maybe 8 inches of wire. You can see the empty battery tray in the foreground of one of the photos for orentation purposes.

Does anyone know what these wires are for?

Thanks in advance,

-Mountainhiker

View attachment 205040
View attachment 205041
It appears to be the daylight running lamps resistor. I have the same connector on my E99. YE/BK and OG/LG wires that a mouse chewed on also. On my truck, which doesnt have daylight running lamps, the connector just has a dummy plug connected to it.
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Number

1 - 4 of 4 Posts