Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ICP Uncontrollable?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  mallardslayer07 
#1 ·
I have 97 and was wondering if the ICP code im throwing is related to the IPR going bad or if it could be both the 15* HPOP im running with my stage 1 injectors? The truck is seems to plane out at times and i have a 17* that im going to send to Joey at Terminator to have him mod it. It is running rough at times and cant seem to hold idle until it gets to operating termperature. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas as to what could be causing the truck to run rough throwing ICP out of range and ICP uncontrollable codes.

#3 ·
The code numbers are as follows:

1.) 1211-ICP Not Controllable Pres Above/Desired

2.) 1280-ICP Circ out of range

Other codes that are not mentioned are boost and exhaust related.

ICP is oily...so needs replacing im sure...

Anything to do with IPR?

Terminator i plan on sending a pump to you i just havent gotten around to it i will be contacting Joey as soon as i gather up the cash.

PM sent

#6 ·
Well i knw the pump is weak with out a doubt but i wouldnt think that thinks would get this bad haha. I mean it still runs with WOT or 3/4 throttle good just has a hard time maintaining like 30-55 holds without sporadic lil jolts and what not...as if its trying to catch up but cant... keep in mind this is sporadic and only happens at certain times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.