Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am having issues with my truck, I will be driving along and then it will totally freak out. And die. I have issues with my HPOP so I thought that it finally died on me. Then I replaced the hpop with a good used unit that I had. Test drove and then the same thing happened again. The IPR sensor is new as I broke the old one. Now the only way that I could get it to run was to unplug the ICP sensor and it ran. If I tried to plug it back in it would stall and not start. ICP psi is zero while cranking (AE monitoring) and plugged in. Once I unplug the sensor psi will be around 1100 ish and high. Once started it will stay right near 750psi which is defualt. Is there any way to test the sensor or did I already do it by unplugging it? Thanks for any input. Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joey

I do have a couple wires with cracked casings so I will have to replace the plug, however it is so close to the plug there is no way I could wrap some tape around it. So Plug it will be. Also I did buy a new ICP sensor and my problem went away so far. I reinstalled my old sensor and problems back so I replaced with new one again and problems gone. Also I think what might have caused this issue is I pressure washed the engine the other night cleaning the garbage out so that I would work in a some what clean engine bay this weekend. Then on the way home after washing it is when I started having issues with it.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
yep, never pressure wash a engine. Use some light detergent cleaner/degreaser and a garden hose.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have used that liquid tape for a quick fix on my ICP wireing while waiting for the replacement to arrive.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yep, liquid electrical tape is a good temp fix.

·
I need a lot of help
14 Posts
What is HPOP? I keep seeing this, but not sure what it is.

Also, my truck is totally freaking out on me as well. After it warms up, driving down the road, it will lose power, like its not getting fuel, then literally just kind of bog out. You can keep enough fuel to get you home at 20 MPH, but if you floor it, it will lose all power. I got the same code: P1121 ICP sensor. However, on this forum and many others people will tell you they get this code, replace the sensor, and Boom, problem still exsists.

·
I need a lot of help
14 Posts
Well it wasn't the ICP sensor per se. It was a fuel related issue. We replaced the sending unit, fuel pump and filter. Good as new. It threw the ICP code, but we just cleaned it up with electronic cleaner and it worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts