Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mean Green
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it hard to replace the connecting pigtail to the ICP sensor how far do you have to chase the wires, and is it safe to run the truck without the heat shield that covers the ICP cuz that thing really ticked me off. Iv got an early 04 by the way

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
you have to cut the wires back until there is no oil in them.... i cut mine back about a foot before there was no more oil..... its not hard to do, I just taped them up and put the insulation back on with some more tape.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Does an early 04 still have it back of the motor, or when did they finally switch over to the valve cover?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
They switched in late 04 to the valve cover. Funny thing is once they made them easy to get to dint seem like they went bad as often. haha

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
when i did mine (03) i took the coolant bottle off, the air intake back to the turbo, removed the ficm, and put about 6 extensions together with a universal and it wasnt that bad to do..... I had to take mine apart a dozen or so times, because I was dumb and didnt wire the pigtail up correctly...... I am very good at changing those and alternators..... get the 1 3/16 deep well socket (I think thats the size) and make sure you wire the pigtail up correctly and it shouldnt take but 2 or 3 hours.... some say there is a way to do it from the back by bending down the heat shield, but my hands are way too big for that.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
when i did mine (03) i took the coolant bottle off, the air intake back to the turbo, removed the ficm, and put about 6 extensions together with a universal and it wasnt that bad to do..... I had to take mine apart a dozen or so times, because I was dumb and didnt wire the pigtail up correctly...... I am very good at changing those and alternators..... get the 1 3/16 deep well socket (I think thats the size) and make sure you wire the pigtail up correctly and it shouldnt take but 2 or 3 hours.... some say there is a way to do it from the back by bending down the heat shield, but my hands are way too big for that.
I do it from the back with a wrench I have cut in half it's a PITA sometimes but it only takes 10 min.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts