Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,897 Posts
just scanned my truck tonight. highest i got was 2000psi and steadily ramped the % up to 88% before i let off. it even dipped to 1700psi on the shift:(
That's about normal with stock AD's. They are oil hungry pigs. That is why 50% of my customers are running Big Oil with stock AD's. Your other choice is a more oil efficient injector.

· Registered
5,897 Posts
Well, stock AD's with proper atomization run pretty well. For most, it's plenty of power. Some have had plans to increase injector sizes, but are still running AD's. Larger injectors, means a larger turbo, and soon it turns into a long list of mods. Fuel mileage also increases, if you can control your right foot.

Then there is that Cali emissions we have to deal with now...., coming to a state near you, more then likely....:doh::mad:

Those are just a couple examples. FWIW, it's not so much total HP people are after, but more useable HP, specifically towing.

· Registered
5,897 Posts
Yes, looking at my numbers, it's surprising how many still run stock AD's. IMO, the moded 17 is an upgrade, but for stock AD's, I'm still not excited with the moded 17 or any single stock style pump. With AC's, they work great. There are two stock injector trucks in my driveway(my SD and her Excursion, both PMRs) and I have no intension of going with larger injectors.

The Cali laws are not thrilling, but I'm sorry to say that most states will probably follow are stupid politicians off the cliff. :doh:

I often thought about offering a test set of pumps to ship around the country, but I can not afford to lose a set of pumps in freight, so to speak...:doh:

There is a really good price on a set from Hotstik in the ad section though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.