Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a temporary check engine light for icp pressure code 1211 i believe. I checked it today with a scan tool and had a passenger watch. it stayed about 2500 on setting 3 (matts tunning). is this normal or low. on heavy tow it will hit about 3300. Is my hpop going or is it a bad sensor...... Truck is stock except tuning and gauges. 2001 cc

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I had a temporary check engine light for icp pressure code 1211 i believe. I checked it today with a scan tool and had a passenger watch. it stayed about 2500 on setting 3 (matts tunning). is this normal or low. on heavy tow it will hit about 3300. Is my hpop going or is it a bad sensor...... Truck is stock except tuning and gauges. 2001 cc
What hp is setting #3. I would also like to try and test my ICP pressure also. If I know what hp you tested in I could try to test my truck in about same hp and see what I got .

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I know Matt was on the road this past week.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
It says...I want more.
Depending on sticks you might look in to the med oil camp.
Ie the adrenaline...course big oil is nice too

·
Registered
332 Posts
just scanned my truck tonight. highest i got was 2000psi and steadily ramped the % up to 88% before i let off. it even dipped to 1700psi on the shift:(

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Sounds like its time for a new pump

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
just scanned my truck tonight. highest i got was 2000psi and steadily ramped the % up to 88% before i let off. it even dipped to 1700psi on the shift:(
That's about normal with stock AD's. They are oil hungry pigs. That is why 50% of my customers are running Big Oil with stock AD's. Your other choice is a more oil efficient injector.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
That's about normal with stock AD's. They are oil hungry pigs. That is why 50% of my customers are running Big Oil with stock AD's. Your other choice is a more oil efficient injector.
or both:evil

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I would not have thought that was normal. Good to know. I alwasy knew the splits were hungry but did not realize even the stockers took that much more than say 238/80s do.

Literally half your sales of twins are to guys with stock injectors?

What is the rational behind staying with stock AD and going to big oil when for the same price you could go to small hybrids have better power etc and plenty of ICP from a good stock hpop?

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Well, stock AD's with proper atomization run pretty well. For most, it's plenty of power. Some have had plans to increase injector sizes, but are still running AD's. Larger injectors, means a larger turbo, and soon it turns into a long list of mods. Fuel mileage also increases, if you can control your right foot.

Then there is that Cali emissions we have to deal with now...., coming to a state near you, more then likely....:doh::mad:

Those are just a couple examples. FWIW, it's not so much total HP people are after, but more useable HP, specifically towing.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Makes sense for a future step up. I would think for someone staying completely stock your modded 17 HPOP would be the choice not the big oil twins. I was just surprised it was such a large percentage of your buisness as you really only hear about going to big oil when you go to bigger injectors. But then this site causes that focus so.... No argument about the other steps that come along with upgrading.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to live in Calif that has been voting in opposition of the quacks that have been running things there. They are so off the wall extremest they had actually tried to push a law thru that would have prevented vehicles from being sold in California that were painted in ANY dark colors as these colors caused more heat absorption and thus caused drivers to run the AC more which in turn used more fuel which in turn caused more pollution..

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Yes, looking at my numbers, it's surprising how many still run stock AD's. IMO, the moded 17 is an upgrade, but for stock AD's, I'm still not excited with the moded 17 or any single stock style pump. With AC's, they work great. There are two stock injector trucks in my driveway(my SD and her Excursion, both PMRs) and I have no intension of going with larger injectors.

The Cali laws are not thrilling, but I'm sorry to say that most states will probably follow are stupid politicians off the cliff. :doh:

I often thought about offering a test set of pumps to ship around the country, but I can not afford to lose a set of pumps in freight, so to speak...:doh:

There is a really good price on a set from Hotstik in the ad section though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, looking at my numbers, it's surprising how many still run stock AD's. IMO, the moded 17 is an upgrade, but for stock AD's, I'm still not excited with the moded 17 or any single stock style pump. With AC's, they work great. There are two stock injector trucks in my driveway(my SD and her Excursion, both PMRs) and I have no intension of going with larger injectors.

The Cali laws are not thrilling, but I'm sorry to say that most states will probably follow are stupid politicians off the cliff. :doh:

I often thought about offering a test set of pumps to ship around the country, but I can not afford to lose a set of pumps in freight, so to speak...:doh:

There is a really good price on a set from Hotstik in the ad section though.
I'll like to try your pumps as a tester!

How much pwr can big oil squeeze out of stock inj's?

·
Registered
278 Posts
What about ab injectors on a e99? Would a modd 17 do much?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Big oil is a good option for pmr's.

As far as e99's go bigger and big oil def helps.
Better milage and a far better tq curve .
You feel a soilid pull from start to finish .
Just plain stronger overall feeling. Slightly faster aceleration too.
You will feel a big diff with a mod17, adren twins od etc.
More oil rocks when you didn't have enough before

1 - 20 of 21 Posts