Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing to do the IAH delete. I don't remember what the thread size is for the IAH. I thought I remember at one time someone saying it was the same size as a drain plug for a dodge. Can anyone verify that for me? Thanks

Tim

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Why not just cut off the heating element, and put the plug back?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just use a drain plug from a 2000 cummins...

Go figure right? :shrug:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not just cut off the heating element, and put the plug back?
I'm gonna tap it for my boost gauge. In the gauges i have coming the hose is just long enough to go that far so i'm just gonna put it right there.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
If your gonna go through the trouble of tapping it,then why not just buy one from RiffRaff Diesel or DieselSite? I have both and l couldn't be happier.
The thread is M22-1.25
01 Dodge drain plug.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gauges will be here tomorrow and won't be that much extra time to just get a plug from parts store and tap it. I still have to drill my manifold and tap it for egt so not much extra work.
Thank you for the thread size.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Gauges will be here tomorrow and won't be that much extra time to just get a plug from parts store and tap it. I still have to drill my manifold and tap it for egt so not much extra work.
autozone has the plug for around $9. theres no need to re tap it when you can buy one thats the right size. just make sure its 22X1.25

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Have you thought of installing your pyro in the up pipe?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
autozone has the plug for around $9. theres no need to re tap it when you can buy one thats the right size. just make sure its 22X1.25
He is not re cutting the thread but tapping the center of the plug for a gauge sensor.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He is not re cutting the thread but tapping the center of the plug for a gauge sensor.
Thank you. You understand. Yes the pyro gauge will be in the up pipe. I'm just saying i will have all the my tap and stuff out and drill bit so it won't take me much extra time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Homesteader,
Thats what i'm gonna do. How I had it on my last truck.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
When I have the choice and the time both key I almost always prefer to do something myself rather than buy it. IMO there is always more satisfaction making or building something yourself. I will say though that one above is SWEEETTT!! If I did not have the correct tap I would certainly go for that or if I wanted that cool bling.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Im still using an npt fitting. I know it's not the right size......

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just did this mod last weekend.
Used NAPA part# 704-1048. Oil Drain plug (probably the Cummins one people talk about). It was cheap enough, less than $10. It has enough meat in the center that I can tap it for a boost gauge in the future if I want to.
By the way, the threads are 22mm X 1.5mm.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,346 Posts
you do know this is a 3 year old thread right?? and yes,,that is cumminGs oil plug...

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Kudos for using the search feature...

Youll need a bigger tap to install that riffraff bolt on an e99..... lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts