Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything I am reading is all over the place, I have a bad sensor and a clogged tube. Some say change everything, and some say it doesn't matter, especially if you have the ebvp gutted or unplugged. The more I read and learn about the sensor, it appears to have a variable voltage output of .something to around 5volts which is about the same as most other sensors that play an integral role in fuel tables. I would love to hear from those that had a bad sensor and/or clogged tube that felt a major difference in their truck after fixing it.

thoughts?

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
IF you can clean the tube, re use it. I've seen one obs that no matter what I did to try and clean the tube, it wouldn't clear. The truck had almost 400k on it, and im sure had never been cleaned. You absolutely need the sensor on an obs. It really doesn't have anything to do with the ebpv. As for the sensor, you can try cleaning it out CAREFULLY with a pic or screwdriver, and some brake clean, but you probably need to replace it. It does in fact partially control fueling, and on automatic trucks, shifting too. I have in fact seen and felt it make a difference in the way trucks shifted, and their power.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the response, I tried to clean it out last night, it is like a ROCK of carbon in there. I worked on it for 2 hours and decided I would order a new one. I ordered a sensor too as my truck sees 34-35psi all the time even when its not running. I just hate throwing parts at a problem if I don't have a good understanding of what I am up against, I am getting a P0470 and P0472 codes, as well as P1280 (ICP pressure out of range). My ICP pressure is in the mid 600's at idle which I understand is a little high (12-13% duty cycle).

The reason I am asking specifically about the EBP is that when I put it all back together last night (knowing it was still clogged and not going to have any affect) when I first started the truck up, it was like a different truck, the throttle response was right there, if I barely even squeezed my toes on the throttle pedal, after it warmed up some its started to slowly return to its lazy self.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the ebp sensor sees 34-35 all the time, so it is BAD, and the tube is clogged solid, so it is bad.. I haven't dug deep into injector o-rings, but I get a puff at best of smoke on start up and I thought injector o-rings caused smoke, could be wrong though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
truck doesn't use any oil, and filters are clean, not black

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
Here's what I did for the ebp. My tube kept plugging up so I got a new sensor some 1/4" hose, a tee and a barbed female fitting for the sensor so that I could hook it up into my boost line. Everything's working better than before.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am after the smoothest, most responsive idle I can get, how does your truck idle?

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
I am after the smoothest, most responsive idle I can get, how does your truck idle?
She idles very smooth. I may be wrong about this but I don't believe the ebp has anything to with idle.. I only say this cuz when I had problems with it I left it unplugged on accident and she idled just fine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I shouldn't say idle, I seem to get sluggish throttle response coming off of idle, I do get that idle that sounds out of balance sometimes (wub wub wub) which is what I consider not smooth/balanced.

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
Oh I get it, off the line I get really good response now( no chip currently either) it's a night and day difference compared to a plugged tube. Plus it doesn't plug up anymore.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You convinced me to at least try it when my sensor gets here, I will report back

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so put the ebp sensor in, truck definitely woke up some, it is not perfect yet and I still have P0470 and P1280. I have been relentlessly digging and come to find out that the ebp sensor and the icp (which is what these 2 codes are) share some wiring/harness. Before I throw any more parts at this truck, I need to confirm the wiring is good. I will keep this thread in the loop.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ebpv is wired up as a brake, but currently everything is unplugged from the pedestal.

no oil in the icp plug, truck will run amazing when first started up and seems to diminish some as time goes on, idle was romping/loping when I got to work, tried to move around the wiring for the icp and ebp sensor with NO change in the idle. I suppose since I am seeing high hpop pressuure from the icp and high mass fuel desired that it could simply be a bad icp sensor, I just hate to chase problems that I am not sure about with money. Is there any way to check the icp sensor to see if it is any good?

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
What's the duty cycle of the ipr?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.