Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I now get banned from here since I sold my Powerstroke and bought a truck with a Cummins? :gethim: I have to admit. I was not a Ford fan at all. But I got a real good deal on my Ford 2 years ago and I have to tell the truth. It was probably one of the best running vehicles I have owned. But I needed something bigger. And then I came across a deal I could not pass up. A Freightliner exrtended cab with a 5.9 Cummins. I figured the 5.9 can't be all that bad with all the people doing the conversions. At least I wont have to worry about the junk Dodge transmissions. LOL Here is a picture of the old and the new truck. I have since had the new one lettered but no pics yet.

It looks better with the lettering. Here is a pic in progress.

Later Cruz

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Nice rig. It's an Freightliner so it's all good. Keep hanging around.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just FYI since you own one now its cummins not cummings
Sorry. I will have to get that right next time. LOL

Later Cruz

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
i used to drive a white std. cab one with a 24v ctd in it, awesome truck for what theyre built for.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
nice,

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
ALL diesels are awsome, even the foreign ones. You'll only get banned if you brag about how much more you can now pull and how much more reliable it is...

........ in theory.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Youll probably hate you made that change. If that is the first rollback youve had that size. The 5.9 is under powered in those trucks and usually the 550 psds rollbacks hold their value better then those size trucks. Both are good looking rigs though. Did you sell the 550?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Looks great, like said throw some simulators or new wheels at it and light it up!

·
Ridin Dirty Motorsports
608 Posts
we got a 2000 fl70 with a 5.9 cummins built by Japer with 400,000 on it and it runs like a spanked ape! i would put it beside our 2006 ih 4300 and walk away from it easily! good choice btw

·
Registered
871 Posts
Not a bad looking truck Cruz. Is it air or hydraulic brakes? After driving medium duty trucks I never feel safe in hydraulic brake trucks air brakes are so much better. Also I see it has 19.5 wheels. Everyone I know with 19.5's say they ride rough and are much more expensive than 22.5's. They wish they would have gotten 22.5's. Otherwise what transmission is in it? Auto or manual?. The engine should be pretty good for you as stated before you might think it's a little bit of a turd but I don't see too many 12 or 24 valve Cummins come into the shop for problems. Sometime when I'm up at my parents in Harvard we should get together and go get something to eat.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts