Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I've browsed around looking for the answer but have yet to find it exactly. Probably didn't look in the right place. I have a '96 F350 XLT 4x4 Single Rear Wheel Crewcab Long Wheel Base 7.3 Powerstroke with a 5 speed manual transmission with 108,000 miles. I sometimes pull a 40' gooseneck & when I load it heavy I just think that duals on the rear would be better. Everything is stock except for the tires. They are 285-75-16 BF Goodrich TA's. All responses appreciated. I have gotten a lot of great usefull info from this site.
Thanks,
David B
Winona, MS

·
Registered
467 Posts
OBS dually beds are Dually Specfic.
The bedsides are made in a way the Dually fenders mount.

I did my cc, I bought the whole back of a truck...
From the back of the cab back.
Bed, Axle ect...

A dually rear is actually wider than a std rear, To accomidate the inner tire.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
There's always 19.5's too...

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
oh who needs dually fenders....lets just tub it lol

I need to get a picture of the SD thats running around here that is a drw but doesnt have the fenders lol
There is one of those running around by me too:doh:

·
Riding dually style!
171 Posts
Its not an overly tasking goal to accomplish! LOL! If you can come across some good deals on the fenders and the front hubs, the rest comes together pretty easily and cheap. Its finding the dually front hubs (D-60) thats a PIA! The fenders can be modded if necessary to fit the bed. And either by using the current axle and spacers, or by swapping it out with a dually rear axle you can get it to work!

I went some what down that road, but instead of going dually, it was going from 2-wheel drive to 4-wheel drive on my dually. Thats where I had fun with the dually front hubs!

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
Hi Guys,
I've browsed around looking for the answer but have yet to find it exactly. Probably didn't look in the right place. I have a '96 F350 XLT 4x4 Single Rear Wheel Crewcab Long Wheel Base 7.3 Powerstroke with a 5 speed manual transmission with 108,000 miles. I sometimes pull a 40' gooseneck & when I load it heavy I just think that duals on the rear would be better. Everything is stock except for the tires. They are 285-75-16 BF Goodrich TA's. All responses appreciated. I have gotten a lot of great usefull info from this site.
Thanks,
David B
Winona, MS
All you gotta do is come to my house, buy my rear end and install it.. If you dont, i think i am going to accidentally do it to my 96 Reg Cab.
Dual rear end is in a 76 Ford F-250. Will take $250 for it if interested.

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
we converted mine from srw to drw. went with one ton everything underneath it. takes some time if you do it yourself. but it can be done. best thing we ever did. she tugs this ol rv around like its not even there. soon im gonna lift it a little and give her a wider stance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts