Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
We In The Money Now
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats a good system and fuel pump to get ive got an 02 7.3L I dont have much done yet just upgraded hpop thats aderline bigger turbo housing threw ats cold air in take threw [email protected], exhaust threw silverline and my edge in cab programer that i love. Them airdoggs and fass there just fuel and water seperators right not pumps anybody got any suggestions sorry if i did'nt explane good enough hope ppl can help thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
There isnt a need to change your lift pump untill you put in much larger injectors. The stock pumps are very durable, good performing units. Least IMO

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
A Factory SD pump will support up to 400-450 hp

-Michael

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
A good regulated return to rid your system of air and equalize fuel to both banks

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Start with a regulated return system and the in tank modifications that were already posted up. There is really no need for a larger pump until you put in larger injectors. You may want to add a pre pump filter also.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Start with a regulated return system and the in tank modifications that were already posted up. There is really no need for a larger pump until you put in larger injectors. You may want to add a pre pump filter also.
:whs:Or duall SD pumps!

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
I did the in-tank mods that Arisley is talking about except i ordred my kit from diesel innovations for 25 bucks and i definitely noticed less injector cackle. I would recommend this as your first fuel system mod and then move toward the engine with a regulated return. I have a regulated return coming from dino fuel alternatives as we speak so i will give that a try.

X2 for the in-tank mods though! well worth the time. But i recommend pulling the bed off rather than dropping the fuel tank. its MUCH easier in my opinion

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
I did the in-tank mods that Arisley is talking about except i ordred my kit from diesel innovations for 25 bucks and i definitely noticed less injector cackle. I would recommend this as your first fuel system mod and then move toward the engine with a regulated return. I have a regulated return coming from dino fuel alternatives as we speak so i will give that a try.

X2 for the in-tank mods though! well worth the time. But i recommend pulling the bed off rather than dropping the fuel tank. its MUCH easier in my opinion

Easier to pull the bed than drop the tank ?? I disagree I reccomend getting the tank as low as you can droping It its not to hard

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Well i know that i had to have help to drop the tank down and put it back up in there and that was with an 1/8th tank of fuel but i was able to removed and install the bed myself easily. Thats just my experience. I guess if you dont have access to a lifting device then dropping the tank would be much easier

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
stay away from fass everyone that i have seen buy one had at least one motor burn up. talk to bill at php about improving your edge..some units can run better tunes, the edge while very cool as far as gauges, can run ho as far as egts and be hard on a tranny...not all of them but bill can tell you 4 sure.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
What all these guys said.

Id start with a regulated return on the motor and then the prepump mods and some better filtration down on the frame rail. If youre looking for a larger pump, i havent had any issues with the Fuel Labs, and they move some serious fuel. A tank sump is always a nice touch too for the guys that wanna move the most fuel possible:D

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
What all these guys said.

Id start with a regulated return on the motor and then the prepump mods and some better filtration down on the frame rail. If youre looking for a larger pump, i havent had any issues with the Fuel Labs, and they move some serious fuel. A tank sump is always a nice touch too for the guys that wanna move the most fuel possible:D
Who would want to do that. :poke:

But if you are going to do a fuelab you will have to have 5/8's line prepump. To do a whole fuel system plan on spending some money but as said earlier it is not needed until you add injectors.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
But if you are going to do a fuelab you will have to have 5/8's line prepump. To do a whole fuel system plan on spending some money but as said earlier it is not needed until you add injectors.
He ain't kidding. ALOT of money.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I know i have over $1000 in my whole fuel system including fuel pump and filters.
I've got more like $1600 in mine, BUT it is just the way I want it to be. :D

Dave

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I just spent $300 for the regulator, AN fittings, and hoses for the regulated return on top of the motor.

Last week: :eek:
$350 fuelab
$50 - 5/8" pick-up

Sh!t is getting ridiculous!

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I just spent $300 for the regulator, AN fittings, and hoses for the regulated return on top of the motor.

Last week: :eek:
$350 fuelab
$50 - 5/8" pick-up

Sh!t is getting ridiculous!
I did fail to mention that I replaced my ENTIRE fuel system, tank and all, so that's why the price was so steep for my build.

Dave

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I did fail to mention that I replaced my ENTIRE fuel system, tank and all, so that's why the price was so steep for my build.

Dave
Damn. Your right. Ill stop complaining.

Go with a fuel cell?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts