Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Metruis7.3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a superchip and ive had it on the truck for about 2 weeks now. i had it on fuel econonmy setting, i was sitting in my yard messing around reving it and when i let off the gas i swear my truck backfired.
What could this be, cause ive never heard of one of these things backfire.:confused:

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
eh no biggy probably just a head gasket, thats what you get for sitting in your driveway revving your motor with a superchip on it. :doh: never heard a backfire from a diesel seeing as it would have to go through the turbo and never seen that happen.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Are you talking a backfire out the exhaust or out the intake?

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
LOL :popcorn:

·
Registered
926 Posts
first issue is the superchip lol how high were you reving it? stockpush rodsd dont like much over 3500rpm, you can get away with it but every motor is different. i personally dont go over 3200 to be safe. if it popped threw your intake, then it might be a bent pushrod. if it came out the tailpipe, make sure theres not a burnt exhaust valve, see if theres any sucking coming from the pipe inbetween strokes.

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
first step is take the superchips off
second step, kick yourself directly in the scrotum for being a re tread.
that is all

·
Registered
561 Posts
Way to be helpful to a new guy.
Not everyone knows canned chips are bad for trucks.

Is it a persistent issue? Or did it just happen once?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Way to be helpful to a new guy.
Not everyone knows canned chips are bad for trucks.

Is it a persistent issue? Or did it just happen once?
That's kinda what I was thinking. Cut the guy some slack, maybe he came here to learn. So point him in the right direction and let him learn from his actions, rather than cut him down. Its not like he's talking crap or putting someone or something down, like just about every kid with daddy's diesel would come on here and discuss.

Also, if you decide to get some new tunes/ a new chip don't start a thread about it. There are WAYYY to many already, and you'll get torn up over that to. Search something like "which chip" or "whos tunes". Check out all the sponsors. As far as your problem, I wouldn't worry to much about it unless your truck starts acting differently.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That's kinda what I was thinking. Cut the guy some slack, maybe he came here to learn. So point him in the right direction and let him learn from his actions, rather than cut him down.

Also, if you decide to get some new tunes/ a new chip don't start a thread about it. There are WAYYY to many already, and you'll get torn up over that to. Search something like "which chip" or "whos tunes". Check out all the sponsors. As far as your problem, I wouldn't worry to much about it unless your truck starts acting differently.
:whs: And welcome to the Nation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts