Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5 days
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock injectors. here in the past week and a half been noticing that when Im Accelerating the engine will
miss. Like an injector isn't firing right. i have ts chip and it does this through all the settings. But then yesterday I went to start my truck and it wouldn't. Turned over but no fire. Weird cause I drove it not twenty
min before Anyone have ideas or suggestions???

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Sure its not CPS or something else ? I woudl do some checking first. That is unless this is being used as a good excuse to get new (bigger) injectors LOL

·
5 days
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wish i had the money for new/bigger. delivering pizza's barely covers diesel:( could this be a sign that one is starting to fail? its missing more often than not

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yes, that's the first noticeable sign of injector failure in my experience.
follow this with hard and no starts, whiteish gray smoke at low throttle and horrible fuel mileage, and you'll be done with them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
One other thing to check is the oil pressure. Your injectors live off of oil pressure so if it is low then it could cause your exact symptoms. Take a look.

·
Registered
545 Posts
no codes?

if you have a service engine soon light popping up then it could be the under valve cover harness connection

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Check your fuel filter if you haven't changed it recently, and check fuel pressure.

Dave

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
No codes usually means fuel issue.

·
5 days
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No codes. I put battery charger on it since i drained batteries tryin to start it, left for a couple hours and came back and it started. Hasn't done that anymore, but the miss is startin to aggrivate me. 190,000+ miles I'm startin to think one is startin to go

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
UVCH?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Sounds like it could be fuel related. Check your fuel pressure, and UVCH harness.

If you want a set of almost new 7.3 AA split shot injectors from Aliant I've got a set I need to get rid of quick!!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I didn't get a code when my injectors went... :shrug:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not saying it is not a loose plug inder the vc, but when one of my injector's plug came off under the vc it was unmistakable with the loss of power and unbalanced vibrations that a cylinder was not firing. It would still fire up too. I also got codes.

I'm going with fuel. Having a fuel pressure gauge helps greatly with trouble shooting issues or just to know when you need a filter change.

If not fuel realated I have had an issue with my icp plug, front of drivers side head. I get stalls, no starts and misses and/or poor idle some times. No codes. I just have to touch the plug maybe wiggle it a bit. I have noticed oil in the plug so I think I just need a new icp.

I you have fuel pressure and you get it running, get under the hood and start wiggling wires all over the place, maybe you have a bad/loose plug some wheres.

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts