Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
POWERSMOKIN64
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to go around six inches but I haven't ruled out going to maybe 8". I dont want to sacrifice ride quality but I dont want to spend 4k either. What is my best bang for the buck. And who would anyone recommend buying from for a good deal. I considered icon 4.5 but I really wanna go at least 6". Any input would be greatly appreiciated and if you have pics that would be even better. I would like to see some different setups with your input on how the ride improved or decreased. Thanks a lot-Matt

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have a lifted 06 with the 6.0... I have 6in lift. All new shocks, front coil springs, front 4 link, rear block and add a Leaf, all came from rough country. Their kit was a pretty decent price.
As far as ride goes... The rear is stiffer and rides a little rough empty. The front rides just as good as my truck did stock.

I know u have a newer truck but I hope that info might help some.
I would also recommend dual steering stabalizer on 36 or bigger tires

·
POWERSMOKIN64
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a rough country on a jeep and I wasn't really happy with it but thats been several years ago and for this vehicle they may be completely different but that is why i am asking for advice. For my wallets sake a rough country would be nice if their quality has improved

·
Registered
752 Posts
The only problem I have had with rough country is they forgot to send two bushings with the kit, called them up, they sent them out in 2 days. I understand where you are coming from. Just sharing my experience

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Icon 4.5" with their TEI spacer will net you 5.5" up front. Your not going to get that kind of ride quality with any other kit. Check Precision Metal Fab. Trevor is awesome to deal with! He uses Icon coils for his kits.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i have a rough country 4" on my 06 right now and if i had to do it over again i would either go with BDS or Icon. mine rides rough until you put a load on it and then its smooth but i dont always have a load on so its alittle stiff for my liking. i think icon and bds have better set ups

·
Registered
922 Posts
icon makes one heck of a kit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with the ICON 7". I was a skeptic when people posted that it will ride better than factory. But after having it, they are 100% correct. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. The only complaint I do have with the lift is the blocks they provide for the rear was not enough lift on my truck to sit level.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I went with the ICON 7". I was a skeptic when people posted that it will ride better than factory. But after having it, they are 100% correct. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. The only complaint I do have with the lift is the blocks they provide for the rear was not enough lift on my truck to sit level.
You would need around 8-8.5" in the rear with 7" up front for the truck to sit level. I wouldn't be comfortable with that large of a block in the rear, so I would assume some a leaf pack that increases height by about 2-3" and a 5-7" block would be ideal.

·
POWERSMOKIN64
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Icon 4.5" with their TEI spacer will net you 5.5" up front. Your not going to get that kind of ride quality with any other kit. Check Precision Metal Fab. Trevor is awesome to deal with! He uses Icon coils for his kits.
I guess this is the route I will probably go then. I haven't heard one negative thing about icon. So any idea what this setup will cost me I will be shopping around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts