Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 F-350 with 156K.. I came off the highway last night and she started running rough like a bad injector rough. I got home and started it today and she ran fine until it got warm. The ICP is okay, no smoke, turbo is working, I'm thinking HPO problem.. Any idea's would be great. Runs the same without the chip.. It starts a little faster now for some reason.. I also hear what sounds to be a bearing in a pump.. I'm hoping that it's not HPOP.. :doh:

·
amos moses
150 Posts
You have a good scanner? Check ipr! I believe it should be 20-30%.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from the dealer and it ran perfect all the way there.. :doh:
They tested about everything there is to test and nothing.. I hate when that happens..

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Sounded like mine, when it was cold it ran fine, warmed up started to have a miss n 2 bad injectors, I'm leaning towards a bad injector as for the hpop you would start having long starts n it shutting down n not cranking, so they did do a power balance test ? Was it good an hot when u took it there ? As for the bearing noise got me I bet it be hard to hear that over the engine n under the turbo, also to try n get a temp gun n read each cylinder at the exhaust manifold give u an idea which cylinder is running cooler. Cheap way to see which injector isn't working correctlym

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounded like mine, when it was cold it ran fine, warmed up started to have a miss n 2 bad injectors, I'm leaning towards a bad injector as for the hpop you would start having long starts n it shutting down n not cranking, so they did do a power balance test ? Was it good an hot when u took it there ? As for the bearing noise got me I bet it be hard to hear that over the engine n under the turbo, also to try n get a temp gun n read each cylinder at the exhaust manifold give u an idea which cylinder is running cooler. Cheap way to see which injector isn't working correctlym
Ya, did the power balance and all was well.. The tech that works on my truck is an older guy and he's top notch.. I made sure the truck was good and hot.. He told me to drive it around and when it starts acting up stop in.. No codes. I don't need to go to far for a month or so.. I'm hoping it will happen again soon so they can just fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts