Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 ford f-250 standard cab long bed with 180,000 miles on it. the things I have done to it is
S&b intake
5in exhaust
TS 6 pos chip with stock 50, high idle 75, 100, 140,
Bully dog watch dog
As it is right now my turbo will start chirping at around 12psi that's not normal is it? I wanna put 60hp injectors in it do I need to replace the oil pump? And should I replace the turbo with before I put injectors in it? Thanks for any advise.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
Whos "60hp" injectors?

99% of powerstroke injector builders dont use the "hp" number as each truck is different, same goes with tunes for a chip/programmer on a truck.

The advice you will get will vary but it will all depend on your goal and budget. So with that said, whats your goal and budget?

·
High Plains Powerstroke
103 Posts
read the sticky at the top of the page in aftermarket section labeled. "Newbie looking for power." It will describe what you need to do. I would suggest stage 1's and RR kit from a vendor or your choice.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
depends on how strong your stock hpop is. the larger nozzle will require more flow to sustain the same pressure. if you're already to stage 2 you might just want to look at hybrids. price difference isnt much

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Chirping turbo would take priority in my book.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I took it as metal pinging....

Is it cold and you are hearing the exhuast valve closing in the morning.
A rhythmic squeaky hiss sorta sound?

Does it do it towing up a hill and sound like a pressure cooker pst pst pst?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I get on it it will start doing it around 12-13 psi And running 70 down the highway it with a 16' car trailer with 5 4 wheelers on it. It will do it going up hills or when I'm building up speed. What's the different from surging and chirping? I'm pretty sure it's chirping

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Get a wicked wheel, run it till you get injectors, then get something like a gt38r.
No need to dump a bunch into a stock turbo like a banks bighead, or ats housing if your getting larger sticks. A ww , xwheel etc...should be less then 100.

That surging will tko your turbo...

Joe aka csisd has a good turbo surge video...maybe youtube it. See if that is similar.

·
Registered
329 Posts
CSIPSD is joe and it sounds most definately like surge so a ww and maybe a used ats housing would go good for you til you get the money together for a 38r or the likes

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
You can do it on the truck even though some say take the turbo off. Disconnect the down pipe and stick a screwdriver in there to hold the shaft while you take the wheel off on the intake side after taking the intake shroud off the turbo. You need a 12 pt. socket for this, I think 8mm. I think the threads are backwards, you will want to make sure before doing it. Been a few years so maybe someone else can remember or just search Wicked Wheel install.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
My advise is as follows. This is if you only want a small bump in power. If you want more than 380ish hp down the road, then this isn't a cost effective list.
Stage 1 injectors- $1,100
Regulated return- $550ish
Wicked wheel- $100ish
Custom tuning- $75 (if you go with tyrant)
ARI torque converter- $400ish
Tyrant valve body- $150
Auxiliary trans cooler- $30-$400 depending on what you get
gauges- $375ish
Intake- $28 6637
Exhaust- $275ish 4" diamond eye
Srp1- $700

I know you have some of this, but in my opinion its a good list for a stock truck on a $4k budget.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.