Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
To the floor board.
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally run my ts chip on the 140 setting but today i turned it back to stock and the thing was so slow!!! When i mean slow like it couldn't get out of its own way. it ran around 6 pounds of boost. What in the world would make my truck this sluggish? it has 126000 on it so it should be wore out. Please help!! also i have a mystery oil leak coming from the back of the motor and i dont know where its coming from. its a 99 so if anyone has had these problems feel free to tell me some solutions

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Check for oil in the engine valley, around the turbo pedistal, and all the hpop lines.
Also when you were in the stock position did you notice anything out of the ordinary with your egt's? Check your up pipes for leaks, and all the ic pipeing and boots for leaks as well.

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
probably nothing wrong with it..
the stock programming on these trucks is pretty wussified...

you've just gotten used to the "jump factor" in that 140 setting..
mine top program is 80hp, and you can hardly stand to drive the truck in stock..

as far as the oil leak goes, degrease the valley with some Engine Brite and a hose before you go to guessing..

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
My chip is at Tony's getting burns for hybrids. My truck is a dog with stock tuning.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
These are VERY slow with stock tuning, however he should still see more than 6#'s of boost!

·
To the floor board.
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i say too. i dont think i have a boost leak. i run like 28 with it on 140

1 - 6 of 6 Posts