Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Anyone help me out on this? I have been looking to get a 3"rear drop kit for my 2005 F-250 reg cab 2wd but all I can seem to find prices on is the 3"front/5"rear drop kit. I know DJM suspension makes one but my question is there any vendors on here that could give me a price on a 3" rear drop kit with the necessary shocks? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
That's an odd number. Drop shackles will get you right at 2" then you can pull a leaf for another inch. If you do the front spring hangers only that might get you 3" but you're gonna need some shims to get your pinion angle back close.
Yiou don't need shorter shocks either it it's an SRW truck. Just unbolt the shock mount on the axle and roll it down. While you're at it move them as far out the axle as you can...moving the shock outward gives it much more control of the unsprung weight.
FWIW I run a 6" rear drop with a stock length shock and it doesn't bottom out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an odd number. Drop shackles will get you right at 2" then you can pull a leaf for another inch. If you do the front spring hangers only that might get you 3" but you're gonna need some shims to get your pinion angle back close.
Yiou don't need shorter shocks either it it's an SRW truck. Just unbolt the shock mount on the axle and roll it down. While you're at it move them as far out the axle as you can...moving the shock outward gives it much more control of the unsprung weight.
FWIW I run a 6" rear drop with a stock length shock and it doesn't bottom out.
Great info, Thank you. I just got done looking at a 2-4" kit from suspension max, and from what I can see this might be the kit for me. And I might be mistaken but I believe they have a pic of your truck, I may be wrong though

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You want to lower the rear..don't you have a rear block?

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
It's a 2wd guys...there is no rear block.
I just looked at 3 04's at work...all 2wd's...no blocks.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
My 2wd had no rear blocks either. Installed the 2" shackle kit from DJM and removed the very bottom thick load spring. Dropped the truck a total of about 2 3/4". Didn't want to lower the front and kind of like the raked stance it has now, so I didn't bother installing the DJM hanger kit.

New Stance on 305/50 tires

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 2wd had no rear blocks either. Installed the 2" shackle kit from DJM and removed the very bottom thick load spring. Dropped the truck a total of about 2 3/4". Didn't want to lower the front and kind of like the raked stance it has now, so I didn't bother installing the DJM hanger kit.

New Stance on 305/50 tires
Thats the exact set up I am probably gonna do, thanks for the pic, Great lookin truck BTW

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
about what mine looks like now except its an 05 and I tinted the windows already. I bought mine a week and half ago, and the fun has already started.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts