Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SCHEID POWER
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe ive seen this same issue on here somewhere or maybe on TDG but anyways heres my story.. My 6.4 stays parked all week until the weeekend comes. Last night i got in it and was goin down the road and a car turned off in front of me. so i punched it and let out for a curve and punched it again. this time the truck had a real real bad shutter to it. i mean really aggresive. i pulled over and at idle it still had a shutter. i popped the hood and could smell like oil or something. the truck wasnt over heating. but no signs of oil from what i could tell but it was white smoking bad out of the exhaust. so i was headed back home and all of a sudden it made a loud whoosh sound. i got back to the house and then it was smoking bad under the hood. Still not hot. their was oil all over the driverside inner fender. from what i could see in the dark it looked like a glow plug was blown out. can someone tell me what could have happened. thanks alot

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
sounds like an injector hung open filled the cylinder full of fuel and pushed the glowplug out, chances are the oil is way overful, and that piston may or may not have damage, Sounds like the same exact thing that happened to 64stroker f450 about a year ago

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
let us know what you find out

·
SCHEID POWER
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ford called today and said #2 cylinder was down from what diagnostics they performed but they are gonna tear it down and an inspector is gonna come in and they will go from there. the only thing i left on the truck was my cac pipe but maybe they wont say anything about that. but im suppose to know more Monday

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
sounds like a sticky injecter melted her down, got my fingers crossed for you that they warranty it!

·
SCHEID POWER
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Ford voided my warranty due to several B.S. reasons but anyways i got the truck back home to start rebuilding it. But the #1 piston is cracked and im gonna send my heads off to be checked and i gotta check my cylinder walls. but at this point im unsure what i want to do. im considering building it back stock and selling it. Or im gonna keep it and have the heads ported,polished,bigger valve springs,headstuds,Elites pushrods,Elites 110s,HPFP, LPFP system,ported rails,and egr delete. but i could use some advice on a turbo set up. im wanting to do a larger set and relocating my batterties and intake for more room. any advice on turbo size would be appreciated

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
yeah, that cac pipe probably did you wrong on getting it fixed. mikes turbo set up from elite worke REAL good and dustins single set up is doing good from what i read.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Well Ford voided my warranty due to several B.S. reasons but anyways i got the truck back home to start rebuilding it. But the #1 piston is cracked and im gonna send my heads off to be checked and i gotta check my cylinder walls. but at this point im unsure what i want to do. im considering building it back stock and selling it. Or im gonna keep it and have the heads ported,polished,bigger valve springs,headstuds,Elites pushrods,Elites 110s,HPFP, LPFP system,ported rails,and egr delete. but i could use some advice on a turbo set up. im wanting to do a larger set and relocating my batterties and intake for more room. any advice on turbo size would be appreciated
Really there is enough room in the valley, 80mm probably would fit. im thinking like a CR dodge s480 over a super b special would be a nice combo

·
look what i can do
1,833 Posts
i say keep it cause i wanna run ya again lol but that sucks man. and you and tyson goin to beech bend saturday? the boy with the white dmax was tellin me about it i think im gonna run mine

·
SCHEID POWER
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Elite HPFP isn't going to do any good with the 110's.....they demand more fuel than the Elite pump can supply. There are a couple of other pumps in the works that will be able support 110's and maybe 150's.
Dave @ Swamps has one they want me to try out. Im not sure on what it flows but he said it was huge.

·
SCHEID POWER
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really there is enough room in the valley, 80mm probably would fit. im thinking like a CR dodge s480 over a super b special would be a nice combo
yea that sounds like a pretty good set up. i have a s400 and my buddy has a s480 he would probably trade me. thanks for all the input guys..My new shops suppose to be done this weekend so maybe i can get started on it

·
SCHEID POWER
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i say keep it cause i wanna run ya again lol but that sucks man. and you and tyson goin to beech bend saturday? the boy with the white dmax was tellin me about it i think im gonna run mine
Naw i dont guess ill go. i gotta go to Ohio saturday to pick up a samurai. i think the track open on tuesday nights too. we all should get together

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Glad to hear that his pump is comming along, I sent him some data logs back in december and that was the last i heard. Glad to hear more are doing stuff for these trucks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts