Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have it on the 250 tune . just exhaust and tunner that's it. I notice a haze of black smoke when i just touch the go pedal taking off and if i put it on the floor a black cloud then goes away. Its starting to black smoke a lot more now and was wondering if its from the stock air filter? I have the K&N setup for it . The filter monitor shows about half way. Also if i put this in the 210 tow mode it shifts so hard feels like its going to break something. Its like doing a neutral drop in every gear up or down shifting that's how hard its shifting. Called spartan and the guy said that's normal? Any help would be good thanks. Forgot also the fuel mileage is gone down a lot. I drive it easy rarely do i ever go over 10psi of boost and it still goes good just want good mileage more then the power.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You really need an intake with the 250 tune. The stock filter is getting to be way to restrictive for that tune. As for the 210 TP, it's going to have really hard shifts. That tune has line pressure really high to keep the clutches alive when your towing really heavy. That is what that tune is meant for, really heavy loads.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You really need an intake with the 250 tune. The stock filter is getting to be way to restrictive for that tune. As for the 210 TP, it's going to have really hard shifts. That tune has line pressure really high to keep the clutches alive when your towing really heavy. That is what that tune is meant for, really heavy loads.
I understand that but hard shifts and shifts that feel like your doing a neutral drop shifting up and down think that's a little much. I will put my K&N on today then see how that works . I seen on here about doing the trans learning thing is that something that needs to be done on this tunner? Is there any updates for this or how do i check for them? Thanks This site is the best lot of good people and help.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you need to do a trans learn with the higher line pressure tunes. There aren't any new updates out. Your tunes should all be up to date.
Kool thank you i will do that later today and maybe try the 210 tp tune again but its so hard shifting its not fun trying to drive it . shifts firm on the 250. I raced a stock Harley truck yesterday it was funny as hell he got in the go pedal and i did the same and all he seen was tail lights lol . this thing is almost as much fun as my race car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts