Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to find a good price on a new or used 450-500 hp clutch for my 99 6speed. im tight on money right now after having to buy a new motor so i would like to find a good used one if i can thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
Call These guys and ask for Randy.Clutch Specialty (770) 955-1988 tell him what you need. A new custom one might be cheaper than you think.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I think I am going to try Valair for my next clutch. They are really good guys and Andy (moore20017.3) is having good luck with his in his truck at over 500 hp and 1000ft tq.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the Valair in my sig and am very pleased with it. Great guys to deal with too. It was cheaper than some other options and is working great for me. I don't race, just tow my 14k tow hauler up some pretty steep grades and it takes all I can throw at it. I think it was rated for 500 hp.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Im looking for a southbend double disc something that will hold 550ish but be streetable cant rem. the part number on it. Anybody got one or prices on one

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I love my Valair ceramic, it dd's great and will not slip at my power level. It could be a little more smooth towing but once its rolling you cant tell it from stock.

Thank god for the low gear on the ZF-6, now on a ZF-5 it may ne a chore to tow heavy load without 4:10's.

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
SBC hands down, ive tried almost every clutch out, SBC is the last clutch ill own ever
I'm with Joe on the Southbend for a ZF, SBC is the Precision Industries of the clutch world.

Our hand shaker will drive away in fourth gear.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Valair all the way. i have a Valair full ceramic in mine and will never turn to SBC. i love my valair and it holds to all the dumb chit i have done to it. Call them up and check out their website as well. their clutches are MUCH cheaper than SBC and IMO the hold just as well. only downside is that Valair hasn't released their dual discs for Fords yet, but a 450-500hp clutch doesn't have to be a dual disc. a full ceramic single disc will hold just fine with that power level

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
the single disk southbend in my truck had held a chit ton of abuse and about to get a lil more agressive with it. have had no problems with it at all.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
my voted for valair, even though it ate the throwout bearing, every clutch ive had it eats the throwout. but i have the full ceramic and i couldn be happier, i love it and the little bit of pedal needed it being a single disc. just my .02
Bob

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
the single disk southbend in my truck had held a chit ton of abuse and about to get a lil more agressive with it. have had no problems with it at all.
The single disk South Bend in my truck don't hold #### but I knew that when I put it in. It was just cheap at the time I did my swap. I will probably end up with a Valair

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
i was on the blackberry when i posted that last one. i havent had my clutch under450+ hp but it has been beat up and had to hold a lot of weight on some runs. it still seems to hold like it should.

·
Caution! May Blow Smoke
270 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
ouch, i didnt know you could get any upgrades besides the clutch. hmm maybe i should of done it even though i really aint got much to throw at it at the moment.:doh::pointlaugh: oh well time will tell.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts