Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Transmission Junkie
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found and bought an AFE stage 2 kit with the pro dry filter for $100 on craigslist! What a difference it made! Now I just need to get my transmission done for my own truck so I can order those custom tunes from Eric!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
he said "what a difference it made" so im betting its on the truck.

·
Transmission Junkie
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I picked it up. It was a good find for sure.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Now when that filter needs cleaning/replacing, buy a 5-layer oiled AFE filter to replace it. Those dry filters don't flow that well.

·
Registered
661 Posts
thats what I thought too i am about to get eric's tunes for my truck and I was told the stock trans wood be fine. as long as your foot isn't in it all day and night

·
Transmission Junkie
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The transmissions seem to do okay at that power level. I want to do some testing with tuning and the valve body to see how well I can make this transmission shift without being too harsh to drive every day. There are new valve body components coming out this month that I am going to try.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
The transmissions seem to do okay at that power level. I want to do some testing with tuning and the valve body to see how well I can make this transmission shift without being too harsh to drive every day. There are new valve body components coming out this month that I am going to try.
That is good to hear....I know of some Goerend built race transmissions (48re and 47rh) that shift so smoothly that you can't even tell it shifts, but they hold up to 750-900 horsepower no problems. That would be awesome to have something smoother for the 5R110w if it can be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts