Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to have a picture of a 2004 Harley Davidson f250/350 with the CHROME 05-07 bumper that has the top bumper pad painted to match. I'm on the fence about doing the 05-07 chrome grille and chrome bumper with a painted to match upper bumper valence. The only chrome on the truck are the wheels, so I think doing just the bumper without the grille would look wrong. Anything really is helpful. Thanks!

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
05-07 bumper won't look right on a 04. there will be a huge gap between your grill/headlights and the bumper. If you'll compare an 04 next to an 05 you'll see what I'm talking about.

I built bumpers for my 04. Buddy wanted to buy it and put it on his 05 when I remade the front to a different style. Told him it wouldn't work, but he insisted, so we put it on his just to prove my point. Looked like crap in my opinion. Want to say there was like a 3" gap under the headlights.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are wanting to do?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think he means switching the grill and headlights over too.
Yes I do.

My conundrum is that both bumpers are painted to match, and the grille is black. On some of the King Ranches that I've seen they are painted to match or chrome, however the two tone line that separates the two colors is really low, where as the HD is really high, so I am trying to figure out what it would look like with a chrome grille and bumper with a painted to match upper valance because I've never seen one done (I'm really anal, maybe I'm just being ridiculous). Also if you guys know where to get a setup that includes the bumper, upper and lower valance, grille, and brackets for the frame horn that doesn't cost a grand, I'd appreciate that too (I'm not too hot on buying from Ebay, though I wont rule it out).

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
My bad....just misread what you were thinking about doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts